What's new

Protective screen or no? (Rush question) (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Hi All,
I'm getting the new Panasonic 47" 16x9 HD ready set and my dealer has to order it with or without the protective screen ($100 extra).
I know some people prefer the protective screen, but I have my TV facing windows so LESS reflectivity would be good (i.e. NO screen).
What do you all recommend? With or without protective screen?
TIA.

Jason Reich

Stunt Coordinator
If you have kids/pets or if your SO throws stuff at you I would strongly suggest it. Can this screen be taken off when you want too? I have the protective screen on my Sony, it mounts to the front, so when my kids/pets are on the prowl it is on. Trust me it has saved my screen many times in the three months I have had my set. Yes it does pick up a wicked glare in the day, but with the ease of removal and the fact it protects my investment I believe it was a wise purchase. At night or when the light is not directly hitting it I don't even realize it is there. hope my take helps!

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I don't know if it's easily removable or not. I have only one SO and we have not fought in 2.5 years (knock on wood) not enough so anything flies through the air, anyway.
I have (and plan on having) no pets, and kids are in the very distant future. I'm actually really anal about my HT room so none of the "protective" aspect of the screen will really come in handy. Just wondering about whether it yields a better picture with it on or off?
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks