What's new

pronto tsu3000 RANT (1 Viewer)

Doug Brewster

Second Unit
I know that many people have never had a problem with this device, but I have to tell you it has been a nightmare for me.

It won't properly install the software on my XP pro based computer. It gives me an error message ("Internal Error 2762"), then asks me to reinstall. I disabled all the antivirus software before I tried it, so I took the Pronto Edit software out, restarted the computer and tried to install with the anti-virus running. Same error. Since there is a repair mode, I tried to get it to repair the install, but it wouldn't. It gave me the same error message. I tried to change the installation, but it gave the same error message. I took it all out again, attatched the device to the usb, restarted and reinstalled...Same message. I decided to download a new version from the website. Since you have to register before you can download, I tried to, but it gave me an error message - several tries, but always the same message.
I'm not an amateur at loading software (do it for everyone I know because they end up with problems so they call me).

If I didn't have to go to work a 12 hour shift tomorrow (actually today, but it's 5:00 am and I don't have to go till 7:00 pm), I'd take it back. Instead I'll wait for my days off.

I'm certain noone else has run into this kind of a problem, but just thought I'd share it - keeps me from firing the thing across the room and into the wall.

Doug Brewster

Second Unit
Thanks Shane. I guess I'll have to try to get it working. I have no idea what I'm doing with the edit software, but will look for some documentation.

Jeff Kleinberg

Stunt Coordinator
Go to remote central, the cd that comes with the remote is corrupted, down load the latest version of pronto edit and the latest firmware.

Jeff

Doug Brewster

Second Unit
Go to remote central, the cd that comes with the remote is corrupted, down load the latest version of pronto edit and the latest firmware.

You were right Jeff, though I had already done the download and install before I read your post.

Now, if only I could figure out how to use it. The documentation is not very helpful. I can figure out how to load a pcf and a ccf, but I don't know how to use them.:b

Do the buttons have the codes preprogrammed so that they work without having to select the right code?

Do they just get added to the default configuration as a page?

Can you then just upload the modified default and use the Pronto?

I'm afraid to upload the new configuration and screw up the remote.
Forgive my ignorance, because I have "RTFM", but it just doesn't have this information where I'd expect to see it. On top of that, originally the program wouldn't even recognize ccf's or pcf's I'd downloaded (fixed by installing the new download of the editing program). When that happens, you realize that you not only don't know how to use the program, but you don't know if it's the program, the install, or your stupidity.
I'm not inexperienced with computers but I am having a very difficult time with this program. Any help would be appreciated...even if you have to insult me before you dispense it. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks