What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Prometheus (2012) (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Can anyone tell me if I should catch this in IMAX 3D, or regular 3D?
Not sure I understand why that question would be asked. Of course go with IMAX 3D if you have the option.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
I do have the option; and hope to get an answer from someone who might understand why I would ask.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I saw the regular 3d and it didn't work for me. I couldn't see any 3d effects! And I saw Avatar and I could see the effect once or twice. Could be my eyes.

Kevin EK

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Henry, I would say that if you want to see it in 3D, by all means go ahead. Seeing this film in IMAX should be a great time - just to see the visuals at that size.
I personallly didn't feel that the 3D was necessary to enjoying the movie - it only was really used for a few scenes. The rest of the time it just added some extra depth.

Stephen Brooks

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen Brooks
Is there anyone who has seen this and read "At The Moutains of Madness"? If so, is it true they are so similar that making a movie of "Madness" would now seem like a rip-off, as Guiermo *sp* Del Toro suggested?

Brian Dobbs

Ambassador
Real Name
Brian Dobbs
All you people who watch trailers should stop watching trailers.
Haven't you learned by now that they ruin movies by superficially increasing your expectations of the final product?
For every hater out there, it is my belief that trailers are ruining your enjoyment of good movies. Don't blame the filmmakers, blame the marketing departments.
This was a great movie, aside from the nitpicks I have with the science.
See it in 3D.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Brian Dobbs said:
Outside of movie theaters where I have no real control over it, I don't watch trailers. However, I saw the first Prometheus trailer and thought it was pretty good in the sense of not revealing things.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Brian Dobbs said:
Haven't you learned by now that they ruin movies nowadays?
This was a great movie, aside from the nitpicks I have with the science.
See it in 3D.
I think great is a really strong word for this movie. To me this was another horrible lackluster supposed to be a blockbuster summer movie. One thing that drove me nuts was the scientist in the film. Oh look a foreign creature, lets play with it and see if it is friendly! Sorry I was deeply disappointed in this film. This is no where near great IMHO. :)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Kevin EK said:
Sam, I believe that machine was intended for Weyland.
That was interesting. My brain filled in that it didn't have the female module inserted, it had the male. There's probably one for dogs, cats...hamsters, parakeets...etc.... ;)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Rhett_Y said:
I think great is a really strong word for this movie. To me this was another horrible lackluster supposed to be a blockbuster summer movie. One thing that drove me nuts was the scientist in the film. Oh look a foreign creature, lets play with it and see if it is friendly! Sorry I was deeply disappointed in this film. This is no where near great IMHO. :)
They did go a little overboard with that. But scientists are like that. They did something similar in Resurrection when the scientist, all wrapped up in alien-goo, calls that creature over...for a snack. ;)

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Originally Posted by Stephen Brooks /t/316483/ridley-scotts-prometheus-contains-spoilers/330#post_3937051
Is there anyone who has seen this and read "At The Moutains of Madness"? If so, is it true they are so similar that making a movie of "Madness" would now seem like a rip-off, as Guiermo *sp* Del Toro suggested?

The similarities are tentacled "monsters", a remote abandoned city, and a long-dead civilization that had a hand in the germination of the human race. The last bit is probably what del Toro has the biggest problem with. It's too bad, because At The Mountains of Madness could have been a very good film with him directing, particularly if it had been treated as a period piece that took place during the era portrayed by Lovecraft in the original story.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Yea I've seen that comparison mentioned in quite a few places, but until I saw it on a message board, I think SHH, I hadent even connected the two.

I thought Del Toros Madness was dead.

Kevin EK

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Mikel, I believe the alien would be eating fresh Engineer. Just needs a little salt and it tastes just like chicken...

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Scientists and people who work with animals are really like that. Sometimes they get poked in the heart by stingrays, head chewed on by beautiful white tigers, etc...

Trentrunner

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Trent Mumford
Can anyone tell me what/who that thing was discovered outside the Prometheus landing ramp that then started attacking everyone? It looked like it might be zombie-Shaw's-lover (makes no sense), but it also looked like it was played by young Guy Pearce in heavy make-up (equally without sense), but I could not figure out what the heck that was and why it was attacking everybody.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
It was one of the scientists, the one who's helmet was melted by the snake's acid when he tried to cut it off the other guy's arm. He fell in the black goo and it mutated him.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tim86
Recent bookmarks