What's new

Projector or 36" Wega? (1 Viewer)

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
i've been considering a 36" Sony Wega for my dorm room but am wondering if i could use a projector instead (for obvious reasons :)). i know absolutely nothing about these things, so i need some advice. can i get a decent projector for $1000-$1300? please give me a few different brands to demo. TIA!

Haris Ellahi

Second Unit
Real Name
Haris Ellahi
Well, for $1,000-$1,300 I don't think you could get a nice projector. Most nice projectors START at about $2,500ish. Secondly, can your room be dark? I mean VERY dark, nearly pitch black? If not, then a projector might not be for you since they require dark rooms to get the best image quality. Another thing to consider is that the bulb in the projector has a life. I think it is normally 1,000 hours and then you have to replace it. And these bulbs can cost up to $500.

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
yeah i was wondering about the light factor in the room. and i definately dont wanna replace bulbs every so often, so i think a bulky Wega will have to do. thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks