What's new

Projector ceiling mount - advice request (1 Viewer)

pankaj

Auditioning
Hi Gurus,

I received my Sanyo-Z3 projector and want to mount it to the ceiling. I already have the power and 2" conduit to run the necessary cables.

I read that the top edge of the screen should align with the PJ and viewer eye level should be at the center of the screen and so many other things that got me confused.

My room size is 11' x 17', ceiling height is 8'6". The screen is DIY blackout cloth 100" diagonal. The seating is at 12' and 16'.

Can someone give me a little run down what should be my screen height from the floor, should I use extension rods for the ceiling mount and any other tips, techniques that I should consider while ceiling mounting the projector.

Best regards,

Pankaj 'PJ'

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Did you read in your manual that the top edge of screen should align with your projector(lens)? If so, that's what you need to do. There is no set distance from the floor to your screen bottom. The rule of thumb is to have your eye level, when seated, 1/3 of the way up from bottom of screen. That gives you your screen height from floor. Then you'll know if you need to use an extension rod for projector(You may not need to due to the lens shift feature).

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Your ceiling is only 8'6" so you should not need the use of an extension. Your screen will end up being a few inches from the top of the ceiling and pretty much optimum from the floor @ 100" diagonal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks