What's new

progressive scan help (1 Viewer)

Jeff_A_G

Stunt Coordinator
having trouble getting progressive scan operable on my dvd player. in the setup the options I have are:
Tv shape (choices being 4:3 or 16:9)
Progressive 4:3 Output (choices being full and 4:3)
And Progressive Conversion (choices being auto, video, and film)
No matter what choice and combo I pick progressive scan wont enable. Just a bit confused and hoping for some help!

greg_t

Screenwriter
What type of video cables are you running to the TV? Progressive scan requires using component, DVI, or HDMI outputs. It won't work with composite or S-video. Also, your TV inputs must be capable of accepting a 480p signal. If you are using at least component out from your DVD player to a TV that accepts a 480p input, you're good to go. TV shape and all doesn't really matter as far as the DVD player outputting a progressive signal.

Jeff_A_G

Stunt Coordinator
im running a hd15 cable from my progressive capable equipment to a projector. I don't think its outputing an actual progressive signal though as all the other ones when put in progressive have caused my display to disappear, yet the dvd player seems to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks