What's new

Program Guide - local OTA stations (1 Viewer)

Michael_B

Auditioning
I've been receiving all the local analog and digital stations with the 6000 and the OTA module since it first came out (three years ago???)

in the program guide, the local stations always said "LOCAL PROGRAMMING". but recently, a couple of the analog channels have actual programming info. the corresponding digital channels from the same stations don't have any programming info in the program guide.

does anyone have an explanation where this info is coming from and if can be expected to someday be included for all stations?
i have no idea if this is info embedded in the digital signal (in which case i would expect it to be there in the digital channels), or if is broadcast from the satellite as part of the normal program guide (in which case where does is originate?)

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
It IS part of the specification that program info and channel guide (including a time sync) is part of the HDTV specification.

But many stations do not fully comply with all parts of the specification in the rush to get on-air. The program info is rolling out as you are seeing now.

Michael_B

Auditioning
so some stations may be providing the programming info in the digital signal for the analog broadcast but NOT for the digital broadcast? that is what i am observing in Phoenix, but it seems a little strange.

since the stations broadcast the same programming on both analog and digital, could there be a "bug" somewhere in the encoding or decoding of this info.

i suppose this will all sort it self out over time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks