What's new

Program for maximizing use of materials (1 Viewer)

Justin_A_D

Auditioning
I am trying to plan my first DIY sub and I was wondering if anyone knows of a program that you could input the dimensions of all your pieces and then display a diagram of where you should make your cuts. I think this would really help to maximize the use of materials. So does anyone know of a program that would do this?

Justin_A_D

Auditioning
No...you sir are my friend. I had been looking on google but apparently wasn't using the right words. Thanks a lot...you da man!

Justin_A_D

Auditioning
Chris, would you mind plugging in my parts and see if they will fit on a 48 X 96 sheet? I downloaded Cutlist but it will only allow me to enter 5 pieces unless I purchase the full version. I have tried using a couple of the other programs that google had and I haven't been able to get consistent results.

2 - 18 X 22
2 - 18 X 16.5
3 - 20.5 X 16.5
1 - 20.5 X 7.75
1 - 20.5 X 8
1 - 18 X 18
1 - 20 X 20
8 - 4 X 27

I think I got it to fit on the IT70 demo but I was messing around with the program and hit regenerate and now I can't get it to fit again. If you or anyone could plug these in somewhere and let me know if they will fit that would be fantastic. Thanks.

Chris Keen

Stunt Coordinator
According to Cutlist Plus, it'll take about 1.25 sheets (considering 4x8 sheets).

If you're talking MDF, that's no big deal, because HD and Lowes usually sell this in 24" x 48" sheets too. Wish I could have told you "yes"

Justin_A_D

Auditioning
Damn...Oh well,I was hoping to buy a sheet of MDF with the veneer already on it. I could probably still do that and use the small sheet for the bracing. Thanks for running the numbers though.:emoji_thumbsup:

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I've been using Snap-It 2.0. It doesn't allow you to save a project but you can enter as many pieces as you need. Printing is disabled but I just print the entire desktop and the layout prints with it.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks