What's new

Processors, Processors and more Processors! (1 Viewer)

NathanP

Supporting Actor
But if they are older speakers they may not be capable of reproducing todays high digital frequencies, which you will find on Dolby Digital and dts 5.1.
Sean-- They can, believe me, they can! I've heard them in DD 5.1 and DTS when afriend bought his reciver over.
Don't call me 15, thats sterotyping! :)
Belive me I know my shit and could write almost as many books as you can on this subject.
Oh, about the new reciever should I get a 5.1 w/DTS or save up for 7.1?
------------------
"Um, ER, uh, No, it's not a bedroom HT, I just love it so much, I sleep in it."
"Way to go Dallas!!!"

Rob Robinson

Second Unit
"...VERY nice looking and they look like..."
sigh. Nathan - youre getting to the point, you just don't see it. You can't pick speakers because they LOOK cool and expensive.
it's probably not a good idea to start writing that book just yet...

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Nathan, you said:
That's why I like DPL, it allows some eq'ing and tweaking, you can't do as much with DD 5.1.

did you not? Or is there someone else posting under your ID? You haven't been very consistent with some of your statements.
If you are in fact saving for a 5.1 or 7.1 receiver, why are you asking about other processors to buy? That doesn't add up. Also, are you looking at used equipment? Because there probably aren't any 7.1 DD receivers around that don't have DTS.
Spending your money on good components, instead of a lot of gadgets, will give you far greater return in the long run.

RicP

Screenwriter
Belive me I know my shit and could write almost as many books as you can on this subject.
Hardly. First off you would have to brush up on your grammar and spelling.
I thought I knew everything at 15 also. When you do finally grow up, you'll realize that you do not. That is the sign of maturity.
Good Luck.
------------------
ricplate.jpg
ribbon.gif

Ric Perrott - My DVD's

NathanP

Supporting Actor
quote: it. You can't pick speakers because they LOOK cool and expensive.[/quote]
Oh, they sounded great.
I decided on them rather then Atoms because they were fuller-bodied and not "Tinney"
And they looked cool too :)
As for gadgets, I have decided not to buy any more.. Heck, I'd spend to much on RCA cables alone :)
quote: I thought I knew everything at 15 also. When you do finally grow up, you'll realize that you do not. That is the sign of maturity.[/quote]
I'm very humble :)
[Edited last by NathanP on October 25, 2001 at 11:40 AM]

BruceD

Screenwriter
Sorry Nathan, it seems to be very obvious from most of your responses in this forum that the following statement you made is incorrect;
"Belive me I know my shit and could write almost as many books as you can on this subject."
I would recommend some study of impulse response with MLS and FFT for an evaluation of what is really going on with the acoustics in your room.
Try the following website for some insight:
acoustics
BruceD

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks