What's new

Problem with TV interferance (magnetic i believe) (1 Viewer)

Justin Lott

Agent
Real Name
Justin Lott
I am having difficulty with a TV of mine. It is a 27 inch Panasonic set. It has a problem with the upper right hand corner with what looks to be a magnetic distortion. I have a magnetically shielded center channel on top of my entertainment center. If I move it away I can notice a difference but the distortion is still there.
I did notice that if I tip my set forwards a little bit the distortion pretty much goes away. I mean really goes away. Does this sound like a problem that anyone of you has dealt with before? If you have an opinion please respond.
This is irritating!

Justin Lott

Agent
Real Name
Justin Lott
? Sorry to bring this back too the top but my post was moved here and I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas?
Thanks Justin

Han

Second Unit
Maybe there's something in your wall causing most of the distortion. Plus, just because a speaker spec says it's "magnetically shielded" does not mean it's shielded very well. I haven't seen this myself, but I have read professional reviews that says certain speakers aren't well shielded even though they claim to be.

Justin Lott

Agent
Real Name
Justin Lott
Thanks for the Input Han. I will move my center channel around see if that helps any.

Justin Lott

Agent
Real Name
Justin Lott
That helped reduce it a good deal. Is there something I can by perhaps to put directly over the top portion of the covering of my tv case to inhibit the magnetic distortion?
Or perhaps sending it into the shop and having it looked at given something slid out of place on the inside.
Thanks for any help you are able to give.
Justin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks