What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Problem with disc 2 of Chaplin's "The Circus" (1 Viewer)

Chris Cheese

Stunt Coordinator
I was wondering if I just got a faulty disc or if more people experienced this problem. I just watched the first disc of the new WB/mk2 version of Chaplin's "The Circus" and everything worked perfectly. However, I tried playing the 2nd special features disc and my DVD player would not load the disc. I have a Pioneer DV-343. I also tried it on a Playstation 2 and on my computer's DVD drive and neither would read the disc either. Some of the times I put the disc in the player immediately ejects it again. Anyone else with the box set or this disc have the same problem?

edit: I just checked and every other disc in the box works perfectly in all these players. Also, all the discs from the first WB/mk2 set worked fine in them as well.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Chris Cheese

Stunt Coordinator
Looks like maybe I just got a bum disc then. Anyone know how WB is with replacements for something like this? I emailed them, so hopefully they'll get back to me before too long.

MarkBourne

Stunt Coordinator
I had the same problem with the same disc, THE CIRCUS Disc Two. The first time I played it on my Sony, it loaded only reluctantly -- after much hesitation and even then it gave me serious trouble navigating the menus.

I figured that I had a flukey faulty disc, but I had a review to write, so I put it into my laptop (Gateway 200), where it wouldn't load at all. The player didn't even recognize that it was in the slot.

Back at the Sony, it failed to load up altogether until one time when I set it to load, then left the room to take care of other things, and about ten, fifteen minutes later came back to find that it had finally loaded. I managed to get through the disc, but still had to wrestle with the navigation to get where I wanted to go among the extras.

I've assumed that my disc was just a freak, and since I got it for free I'm willing to purchase it outright for a replacement. Now it may be worth bringing to Warner's attention.

Chris Cheese

Stunt Coordinator
Interesting. Thanks for posting. I'll let people know what they say when/if I get an email back from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks