What's new

Problem reading backup files on CDR media (1 Viewer)

Paul_Nyman

Second Unit
I cannot read files off my Backup CD-R disc. What can I do? Is there any way to see the contents on this disc or recover data from CD-R media? This is the only copy I have of the data. I never finalized the disc and I wonder if that is why it won't read it now. I didn't have any problems before when I wrote and read data off it. The disc surface is clean too.

Also is there any software that may help me read it or assist me in my situation.

Duane R

Second Unit
What did you burn your disc with? Nero, EZ-CD, XP? If you burned with one program and try to read it with another without it being finalized, sometimes you'll have the issue that you're encountering now.

Christian Behrens

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Christian Behrens
If nothing else works, you should have a look at IsoBuster. The basic functionality is free, but if you need its data rescue functions you'll need to register it.

-Christian

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Are you trying to read this in a cd-rom drive or in a writer??

A regular cd-rom drive won't be able to read an open CD-r.

Brent

Paul_Nyman

Second Unit
I was able to Finalize the CD-R then I was able to read it on a friends computer who then made me a backup to his portable hardrive. I now can open the data. Thank you for the input from all who responded to my request.

Also I will check out and save that link for IsoBuster just in case I need it ever again!

Again thank you for the help everyone!

Marko Berg

Supporting Actor
In addition to IsoBuster, you can use a freeware UDF reader driver such as the one released by Adaptec. You can download it from ZDNet, Download.com etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks