Prince on DVD petition!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DarrylWHarrisJr, Aug 13, 2001.

1. DarrylWHarrisJr

DarrylWHarrisJr Stunt Coordinator

Ok I have to start a petition on one of my favorite artists to bring his work to the digital glory that is DVD with pristing transfers and slamming sound and behind the scenes features of the making of these films. Hopefully WB and Universal will note this post/petition.
    Thanks for your contribution HTF.
    Purple Rain (at least give as a cleaned up version in OAR and wayyy better sound that doesn't switch in the middle of Purple Rain)
    Sign o The Times
    Under The Cherry Moon
    Graffiti Bridge
    ------------------
    A man never chooses to live...but chooses to make a life.
    http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollect...alias=Darryljr

2. Jeff_A

Jeff_A Screenwriter

Darryl,
    I would love to help you with this. Is there a link for your petition or is this to be covered as Studio Feedback here at HTF?
    Considering the (current and) positively awful trash that is PURPLE RAIN. I would purchase an appropriate re-release in a heartbeat.
    ------------------
    The Dark Tower
    [​IMG]
    [Edited last by Jeff Amaris on August 14, 2001 at 07:23 AM]

3. DarrylWHarrisJr

DarrylWHarrisJr Stunt Coordinator

4. Bryant Frazer

Bryant Frazer Stunt Coordinator

Screw the feature films; I've got 'em all on LD. What I really want is a reissue of the terrific, much-bootlegged LD of the "Lovesexy" concert tour that was released (in what was apparently a real short print run) in Japan. I've got a bad VHS dupe of this, but I'd love to have a legit version. I've never even seen one of these for sale on laserdisc.
    -bf-
    ------------------
    Bryant Frazer
    Deep Focus
    www.deep-focus.com

5. Derek Baker

Derek Baker Stunt Coordinator

I would love to see Sign O The Times on DVD!!! Under the Cherry Moon with commentary by Prince!!! Remastered DTS DVD of Purple Rain!!!!
    (Sorry...was dreaming for a moment)
    Honestly, with Prince no longer with Warner Bros...i dont think this will happen. At most, a SE of Purple Rain will be released. I have the R4 DVD of Purple Rain in its OAR and looks and sounds fantastic (I only ever saw it on TV)
    I remember once seeing Japanese Pioneer LD's for sale of the Livesexy Concert '88, Sign O The Times and Prince & The Revolution Live '85 ALL ON SALE. I didnt buy them (and will always kick myself for it!!!)
    ------------------