What's new

Prime Time Crime - Stephen Cannell (1 Viewer)

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I just order the Stephen Cannell dvd collection

• FEATURING 42 EPISODES FROM 4 PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED SERIES:
    • Missing Persons - All 18 Episodes
    • Broken Badges - All 7 Episodes
    • Palace Guard - All 9 Episodes
    • UNSUB - All 8 Episodes
  • INCLUDING 12 FAN-FAVORITE EPISODES:
    • Wiseguy - "Pilot", Parts 1 & 2
    • The Commish - "Suffer the Children", Parts 1 & 2
    • Hunter - "Hot Pursuit", Parts 1 & 2
    • Cobra - "The Gnome"
    • Greatest American Hero - "My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys"
    • Tenspeed & Brown Shoe - "Savage Says: There's No Free Lunch"
    • Silk Stalkings - "To Serve and Protect"
    • 21 Jump Street - "La Bizca"
    • Booker - "Father's Day"

Taken from: http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Unsub-Prime-Time-Crime-SJC-Collection/13792#ixzz0w18YytK7

I like this collection because of the four listed that have not been released. Plus. it also includes some episodes from his other series. The price was very cheap as well!!

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Go mine from DeeDee's yesterday, unfortunately before I could open the package my Mother CONFISCATED it!

BrianHass

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian Hassel
I was wondering why no one was posting about this collection. I think Mill Creek has come through again. 4 shows that I never caught while broadcast, but I am really having fun discovering them. And it's a good sampler for some of the other shows included if you haven't started collecting them. I purchased from Deep Discount for around $18. Great value. If anyone has any memories watching these shows , please share.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Originally Posted by BrianHass

I was wondering why no one was posting about this collection. I think Mill Creek has come through again. 4 shows that I never caught while broadcast, but I am really having fun discovering them. And it's a good sampler for some of the other shows included if you haven't started collecting them. I purchased from Deep Discount for around $18. Great value. If anyone has any memories watching these shows , please share.

Hi Brian,

I could not agree with you more. I like this released, because it gives a good opportunity to release shows that probably would not be released on their own. In addition, it allows the networks to push other releases. This is excellent way to market/advertise different series and test the market.

I should get my copy within the next few days.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by BrianHass

I was wondering why no one was posting about this collection.

Maybe because everything that Cannell releases is a butcher job with all of the music replaced, episodes hacked up, syndicated versions, etc. Really nothing to get excited about. When it comes to Cannell shows that I care about, I would rather lose a little quality and just transfer my VHS SP recordings that I did off the network.

mark-edk

Second Unit
I'm interested in this primarily for UNSUB. Can anyone comment on the transfer quality, particularly the audio? It was in stereo when it was first-run on NBC, but then it got reran later (I THINK CBS latenight) and the sound was mono.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I like the unsub episodes, it is too bad it only lasted 8 episodes. I like Kent McCord as an CSI inspector. I also liked Palace Guard, because it was good seeing Eden from Santa Barbara in the show.

It is good to see that we can get a released like Prime Time Crime, because it allow for shows that had limited shelf life to be released. This could mean hope for other shows, especially if they can pool dvds together.

mark-edk

Second Unit
Nobody answered my question about the UNSUB audio so I went ahead and bought the box.

I checked five UNSUB episodes and, unfortunately, they are not in stereo.

9Catsz

Auditioning
Real Name
Karen
Neil Brock said:
           Maybe because everything that Cannell releases is a butcher job with all of the music replaced, episodes hacked up, syndicated versions, etc. Really nothing to get excited about. When it comes to Cannell shows that I care about, I would rather lose a little quality and just transfer my VHS SP recordings that I did off the network.        
The releases of some of SJC's shows have NOTHING to do with SJC. Mill Creek Entertainment bought the rights to some of these shows and they're the ones responsible for the butcher jobs....Ticks me off to no end that they're so cheap that they do this. BTW-do you have Seasons 1-3 of Hunter as they originally aired? I've been looking for these since 1992 (when I got flooded and ruined my tapes).

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
No, Neil is correct. It was really Cannell who put together the sets. Companies like Anchor Bay (now Mill Creek) just distribute them, nothing more. So therefore, he has no one to blame but himself for the butchered beyond belief sets.

9Catsz

Auditioning
Real Name
Karen
vnisanian2001 said:
No, Neil is correct. It was really Cannell who put together the sets. Companies like Anchor Bay (now Mill Creek) just distribute them, nothing more. So therefore, he has no one to blame but himself for the butchered beyond belief sets.
I met SJC in 2006 at a book signing and I asked him SPECIFICALLY about the boxed sets having different music and he said that Anchor Bay bought distribution rights to many of his shows and they're the ones who are changing the programs.

9Catsz

Auditioning
Real Name
Karen
vnisanian2001 said:
Gord Lacey said the same thing that Neil Brock says, so I'm gonna go with what they say.
Who is Gord Lacey? Did he/she talk to SJC in person? I did. I know what the man told me. SJC has been dead for over a year now. I guess he released this butcher job bunch of DVDs posthumously. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks