What's new

Prime Days 2021 Anyone find anything good? (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Other retailers are also having sales to compete. It's almost like a mid-year Black Friday now.

I got a pair of Sony elevation speakers from Best Buy for $99. Will see if these can give me some version of Atmos.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I was thinking about buying The Twilight Zone series set for a friend and it was sold out in under 5 minutes. Amazon Day!
That is like lightening deals during Black Friday in the old days. You had to watch the time tick down to the start of the deal and order immediately or you would lose out. The 4K Bridge On The River Kwai also sold out fast. You never know how much stock is available for sale.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Monty Python would be wonderfully tempting if I hadn't bought it pre-release from Network. :)

On the other hand, Wonder Woman '84 (simple blu-ray) was $12.99 on Saturday. We bit, ordered a few accompanying items.

Yesterday we received notification that WW84 was shipping separately, arriving early - today.

Today's note was "Unfortunately, a problem occurred during shipping and we had to cancel your delivery. The package is being returned, and we will issue a refund within 3 - 5 business days after the return is processed. We’re very sorry for the inconvenience. "

I'll leave it to your imaginations what the "problem during shipping" was that was so drastic the item's been cancelled altogether.
What I don't get with such "deliveries" is *why don't they just send a replacement instead of issuing a refund?* Every time I've had one of those hit it's been with something that *was* on sale and is now regular price which means paying more (nope... not gonna happen) or waiting for the next sale. I'd guess you could call/chat and get a replacement at the sale price but that's a pain in itself and shouldn't have to happen.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
We stumbled upon the JBL Extreme 2 blue tooth portable speaker. Normally it’s $350 but it was $200 off and with a $10 prime day coupon and another $100 in reward points, we paid $50.27 for it.

I don’t know how they can afford to cut $200 of a product like this. The price right now is backup to $350. It arrives on Wednesday.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
There are a few good deals on 4K UHD discs at Amazon today:

News of the World - $13.99
Spartacus - $9.99
Parasite - $9.99
E.T. - $9.99
Joker - $12.28
Smokey and the Bandit - $10.99
The Big Lebowski - $9.99
Scarface - $9.99
Shaun of the Dead/Hot Fuzz/The World's End - $19.99
First Man - $7.99

These are valid only so long as supplies last, so best jump on them quickly if you want them.

Last edited:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Picked up a new Shark vacuum cleaner, a new Honeywell programmable thermostat, and Promising Young Woman on Blu-ray.

EDIT: Moving from a small two-bedroom, one-story apartment with Verizon FiOS (which has decent WiFi built into their modems) to a three bedroom, two-story house next month where I'm stuck with Spectrum, so I also bought an Amazon eero Pro mesh WiFi system (1 Pro + 2 Beacons).

Last edited:

Moleman X

Agent
Real Name
Rob Peace
UPDATE: Mono on Psycho is correct. No additional foley on the rain scene.
Yes, not sure about the sets, but I got the standalone 4k last week and can confirm it has the original mono.
I was looking online for an easy verification method but couldn't find anything solid, so I just popped it in for a listen. The number on the inner ring has "R3" after it, so looks like third time was the charm!

James Luckard

Second Unit
Real Name
James Luckard
Refurbed Alexa Studio.

EDIT -- and Hitchcock. How long is the wait on that Psycho replacement disc on average?
I bought the Hitchcock 4K set during he lightning sale too. It arrvied yesterday, and it has the corrected disc. It seems that Amazon's stock already has the new discs, so no there will be no need for you to go through the replacement process, hopefully.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I bought the Hitchcock 4K set during he lightning sale too. It arrvied yesterday, and it has the corrected disc. It seems that Amazon's stock already has the new discs, so no there will be no need for you to go through the replacement process, hopefully.
That's great to know that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks