What's new

Powerpuff Girls DVD - Should I Start A Widescreen Petition? (1 Viewer)

DavidS

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
D.
hi all....

Now that the Powerpuff Girls Movie is nearing the general end of its theatrical run, should I start a widescreen petition now, in anticipation of its imminent DVD release? I, for one, do NOT want a full-frame only DVD of this title (like the Pokemon films are). Whaddya think?

Mark Palermo

Second Unit
I'll be buying this only if it's in OAR. I only wonder if it's too early to start a petition. Maybe Warners are already planning a widescreen release?

Mark

Brenton

Screenwriter
As soon as I saw the first trailer for this film, I knew it would be one that could be a close call for getting in widescreen when the DVD comes out.

StephanieC

Stunt Coordinator
Craig McCracken (the creator/director) is very knowledgable about films and cartoons, so I think he'll make sure there's a widescreen version.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I don't think petitions mean diddly-squat. Calling/writing is the way to go.

-Dave

DavidS

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
D.
Well,

Now that specs have been announced, and nowhere do i see that this DVD (even the "theatrical" version) will be in widescreen, NOW do i start a petition?

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
NOW do i start a petition?
Go for it if you want, you don't need our permission. I don't think it will get much support or do much good but it is better then not trying. I have a feeling that this disc will be available in OAR though. After the Willy Wonka problem, Warner has yet to let us down, so until I see different I will remain confident that the disc will indeed be OAR.

J

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
No, you shouldn't

Online petitions need about 20-30,000 signatures for a studio to even take notice. THEY ARE USELESS

As are emails

You need to call or snail mail. Otherwise they DO NOT CARE because email/online are too easy

WRITTEN petitions with HAND signatures are VERY effective

And there's still no proof either way of how Powerpuff is being released

James Reader

Screenwriter
I see Amazon has this movie listed as being released in April 2003 here - but it seems to be priced the same as the current version (the current version is listed as $26.98 right?)
Could this be a new version in widescreen?
Update
They've updated their listing now to show the same details as the existing release - including all supplements and full frame :frowning:

Jesse Blough

Second Unit
Yeah, it's going to be widescreen.

And I think with even more extras than the first edition.

*Update*

Yeah, I just talked to a friend of mine who is "in the know" so to speak, and he says that the new edition is going to be a full blown special edition (with new commentaries and everything) in ever important widescreen. He says there's a good chance it could even be a director's cut. The reason it took so long to get this special edition out was because Warner Brothers didn't want to fund it.

Matt Naglieri

Second Unit
I believe as of yet there is no widescreen disc coming out here.

What amazon lists is either a price reduction or new stock that has just come in. It is a very common practice of amazon to list false information and misrepresent new stock as new releases.

James Reader

Screenwriter
Well it's not a price reduction. It's the same price (this is what started the speculation in the first place)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks