What's new

Powering Dynaudio's Audience line (1 Viewer)

PaulSno

Auditioning
I have a pair of Audience 82'2 and a cc120 center. I have a Yamaha reciever that works ok, but not bringing the speakers out like they should. I have about a $1000 to spend for an amp or a reeiver. Is there anything out there for that price that will do the job or do I have to spend more? Thanks

steve mm

Agent
yes your receiver is way no good for dyn,s I also have 82-121- and 4,42's for suround.i was running a denon and to say the least it ran out of steam, You will not find a rec that will power dyn's.if your reciever has preouts use it as a preamplifier and buy a separate power amp .the sound deference will make you grin from ear to ear for month's.You will never buy a receiver again once you run a separate power amp. I looked at krell,sunfire,ati,anthem,rotel,etc i bought a sunfire used ebay - audiogon for 1000.00 you can buy a good used amp in your price range .I would recommend going to dealers and listen to amps than buy it used for a third of the cost.good luck

Marcelo T

Stunt Coordinator
I have a pair of 42 and a 42C. I was using a Pioneer elite, sound was OK, but not impressive. The dyn low impendance and sensitivity can make almost all receivers beg for mercy :D
Now I´m using a Parasound HCA1000A and a Rotel 1070. Both can put around 200W in 4 ohms, and they REALLy improved the sound of the speakers.

Dean Wette

Stunt Coordinator
I have Dynaudio Audience 72/122C/52SE/62/Sub30A speakers. I was using an Arcam AVR200 (MSRP$1200) and it worked great(in a 5.1 setup, first with the 62 as surrounds, then the 52SE). I got plenty of volume that sounded very good. This in a 14' x 22' x 8.5' room.

About two weeks, I traded up to the Arcam AVR300. Now I'm using all speakers in a 7.1 setup and it sounds excellent.

The AVR200 is 70 WPC, all channels driven at 4 ohms and the AVR300 is 100 WPC, all channels driven at 4 ohms.

If you want to get really, really loud you might need more power, but I've been able to play my system much louder than I'd want to for listening to music or playing a movie.

Dean

Mike OConnell

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike
Take a look at the Outlawaudio.com amplifiers. A set of three 200WPC monblocks for the front and using the receiver for the surrounds might be a very nice start at a separates system.

Mike

Drew_W

Screenwriter
I heard Dynaudios with Rotel, and that was a fantastic match. MSRP on a 5ch Rotel 1075 (125x5@8ohm, 200 or so at 4ohm?) is $999, so you will be able to get it for less than your budget, and should be able to get it for below MSRP. How well depends on your dealer...

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
I am using Audience 52SE on a marantz 5300, and while I hesitate not to recommend going for a better receiver or amp, it sounds very good to me, and I haven't had anything shut down on me yet. I have only been using it in stereo (but full-range though), so I don't know how this setup will handle full surround setup, but I am preparing myself for the need to add an extra stereo amp for the mains. Still, as it stands now, things sound fantastic!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks