What's new

Power Conditioners (1 Viewer)

Mike Main

Stunt Coordinator
What surge/power/line conditioners do people use?

Im looking at the new Monster HTS 5100 or the older HTS 5000. Panamax?

To protect the usual stuff

TV,HDTV sat tuner, DVD, Amp, CD...

--Thanks Mike

Max Knight

Supporting Actor
I'm using a Monster 2500 which does the job fine. I won't get into debating improvement/degredation for audio or video, but now I don't trip a breaker when I turn on my receiver!

-Max

MichaelP

Auditioning
I can say that the Monster HTS 3500 worked well for me and improved sound especially a ground loop problem I could not get rid of. Unfortunately it probably burnt up its circuitry when I had a power surge about 3 months ago but it protected all equipment attached to it.

I am now in the process in deciding which unit to get now to replace the HTS 3500. Do they have new models out now because i did not know they have a 5100 series?

By the way is my HTS 3500 completely useless now, can it be repaired?

Thanks

Mike Main

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah they have the 3600 and the 5100.

The differnece is a new digital face instead of the analog look. As far as repair, I honestly dont know, but im glad it worked and didnt blow stuff up.

-Mike

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
Mike:
Welcome to the forum. There has been a wealth of knowledge and discussion on this subject(and most other questions you can come up with) in the archives and recent threads....
When I placed "power conditioners" in the search under hardware...I had three pages of threads. Here is an example of one of them:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...r+conditioners
Your quickest resource for information is the search feature.
Good Luck
Ron

Brian OK

Supporting Actor
Bravo, Ron ...... the search is a beautiful thing.
The finest surge/line conditioner I have used is the Jon Risch Power Source Line conditioner with surge protection.
Found at www.diycable.com .... and I have used an Isobar4, a Monster HTS 2000, as well as a VansEvers Model 83.
All, IMHO, BTW.
BOK

DanaA

Screenwriter
I have the Monster HTS 5000 and I'm not one to notice any changes after going through the connection process, but I can definitely attest to the fact that it eliminated a hiss problem I was having with my Harman Kardon 8380 CD changer. It was very annoying before the Monster and I can't here a thing afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks