What's new

Build starting! UPS Recommendations please! (1 Viewer)

jeremycase

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeremy
I have a long term plan to build my purpose built theater over the next year to 18 months (as funds come in). I moved my file server into my new equipment closet and am preparing to move the HTPC up there as well. I need to get power setup in there.... since I'll need that anyway, I might as well start there. I'm looking for recommentations for UPS, line conditioner... all the clean power stuff that I'll need at the end of the day. Any suggestions?

SmCaudata

Agent
Real Name
TJ
Power supplies in devices themselves mostly clean the power. Most US homes have good power. So unless you know you have substantially noisy power lines, I wouldn't worry. If you are running new electrical, you can help yourself out by making sure you HT equipment are on their own circuit. If you use two circuits, put them on the same phase. Have lights run separate.

A UPS would be good for shutting down your HTPC and projector if you have one. There are a lot of options. Get a rack mount one if you are using a rack, otherwise just find one that will give you enough time to safely shut things down.

jeremycase

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeremy
Thanks for the reply. I actually do have pretty dirty power at my house despite being in a fairly new house in a fairly new neighborhood. I decided to go with a power conditioner for now and will get a ups for the projector when I get it. To your other point, I did put my HT closet on it's own circuit, so at least I got that right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Djacir
Recent bookmarks