What's new

Pot Luck Wild Card Mystery Matchup Tournament! (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Random matchups. No brackets. I pick the movies. Just for fun. Discussion is preferred, but not required.
Copycats:
---
Dante's Peak
vs.
Volcano
---
Like Father Like Son
vs.
Vice Versa
---
Deep Impact
vs.
Armageddon
---
A Bug's Life
vs.
Antz
:)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Ok, Scott, you annoying weiner, all four of these are easy matchups:
Dante's Peak is cheesy B-movie fun. The other one is brain-warpingly stupid.
Like Father Like Son sucks a little less because Dudley Moore is two degrees funnier than is Judge Reinhold. On the other hand, the junior matchup is Fred Savage vs. Kirk Cameron - but who cares because both movies kinda stink...
Armageddon because I just love it and I don't care if it makes you think "I'll never trust the movie opinions of someone who like Armageddon" or that I'm a clueless ass who has no idea how BAD a movie it really is. Armageddon is a massive sundae that gives you a horrible brain freeze. Deep Impact is Sominex.
A Bug's Life is the more successful film overall, but Antz is no slouch in any department. Like 'em both, but the Bugs are just funnier than the Antz.

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
Deep Impact over Armageddon - Why? Two words: Robert Duvall.
I like Antz a little more than A Bug's Life because I slightly prefer the look of it.
I consider myself fortunate not to have seen the other four films. :)

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Abstain (no Dante's Peak, except for a little bit caught on cable once)
Abstain (haven't seen either)
Deep Impact - no doubts. It was just more interesting to me.
Abstain (I love A Bug's Life, but I haven't seen Antz)

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
A Bug's Life. It was funnier and I was more impressed with the animation.
abstain on the rest

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Deep Impact (though it's very tempting to abstain as I don't like either of these).

A Bug's Life (I like both of these a lot, but I do think this one is better)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
DANTE'S PEAK
DEEP IMPACT- More effective of the two, and Morgan Freeman is one of my favorite actors.
Abstain
Abstain

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Volcano over Dante's Peak
Why? Because Tommy Lee Jones would kick Pierce Brosnan's skinny ass! And Anne Heche is damn cute.
Deep Impact over Armageddon
Why? Because Tea Leoni is damn cute. Plus Armageddon is one of the biggest pieces of shit I've ever seen.
Antz over A Bug's Life
Why? My kind of humor.
Haven't seen Like Father Like Son

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Vice Versa - mainly because I think what's her name who played the girlfriend is seriously cute. Judge Reinhold was a good casting choice as well.
Deep Impact - though I don't think Armageddon is quite as bad as it's reputation here, DI actually has some degree of drama, and Leelee.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
I think Rain has seen 'em all, he just doesn't want to admit it. ;)
Armageddon over Deep Impact; why? well, I guess the realy reason is that it has some memorable scenes. The psych tests bit was a hoot.
A Bug's Life over Antz - I enjoyed both but I feel like voting for A Bug's Life today.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
A Bug's Life - I liked the look of this one more, plus found the voice work more entertaining.

Ric Bagoly

Senior HTF Member
abstain x2
Armageddon-a VERY disrepected movie around here. HTF=:thumbsdown:
Vice Versa over anything featuring "Hi! I'm" Kirk Cameron

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Dante's Peak - only because I've never seen it. I wish I could say the same for Volcano. A 'friend' drug me into Volcano. Our relationship has never recovered. :)
Vice Versa - for Ric's reason.
Deep Impact - Let's see, a somewhat serious take on the subject with Morgan Freeman and Robert Duvall, amongst others vs. the most bombastic, idiotic, pandering film I've probably every witnessed that manages to insult my intelligence at every conceivable opportunity. There are very few films that I hate, but Armageddon is one of them. Truly an awful, grotesque film.
A Bug's Life - They are both enjoyable, but I prefer the overall visual look of ABL. Not a huge Woody Allen fan, which probably hurts Antz a little bit also.
You forgot...
Leviathan vs. Deep Star Six vs. The Abyss - That's a real tough one. :)
- Walter.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
A Bug's Life is funnier, more charming, and I like the look better than Antz. But Antz is a fine film in its own right.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks