What's new

possible to get HDTV for the day? (1 Viewer)

ryan_x

Stunt Coordinator
anyone know if it is possible to get an HD signal just for the superbowl...I know Rogers here in Toronto will let you rent out a set top box for the things like Wrestlemania and big boxing matches...I would like to get HD just for superbowl but after that I could really care less

NathanM

Auditioning
I recently purchased a gently used Samsung SIR-T150 on E-Bay for $335 (including shipping). My intent is to use it for all the HD playoff games and the Superbowl, then resell it over E-Bay. The T150 tends to go for close to $350 usually, so I've got some hopes that I'll only end up down $30 or so once all is said and done. Not bad for 3 weeks or so of HD! Who knows, with E-Bay I might end up making a profit on the deal. :D
Nathan

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Well, if you can get the Super Bowl from OTA HD, then you can also just buy a brand new Samsung SIR-T151 for $350 from J&R (www.jandr.com).
_Man_

NathanM

Auditioning
Looks more like $400 to me. There is a $50 rebate, but that has to be put towards the purchase of an antenna.

If I were buying to keep it, I might go this route, but with the intent of reselling it on E-Bay, I wanted to get something that was trading actively, and the T150 seems to get more action than the T151 did (at least in my 1 week of watching before I started to bid).

Nathan

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
You have to email them for a quote to get $350--or go to their store.

I'm not sure about action on eBay since the T151 is still fairly new while the T150 is an older, discontinued model that doesn't have DVI/HDCP output.

_Man_

kevitra

Second Unit
You can always 'try' one from Best Buy and return it later if you are not happy with it ;)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Scott Merryfield wrote:
The newer SIR-T151 does not have a DVI output, either. You must step up to Samsung's higher-end model for that feature.
My bad. I've been looking at the TS160 HD sat/ota receiver and attributed the DVI output to the T151. My apologies...

_Man_

Dave Vaughn

Stunt Coordinator
I am "trying" a Zenith 420, but the sad news is, I am probably going to keep it! I have gotten used to HDTV and am finding myself actually watching TV live to get HDTV. Normally, my wife and I would record the shows that we wanted to watch and watch them on video tape. Now we actually sit down and watch the commercials! I can't wait till the HDTV Hard Disk recorders are available!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks