What's new

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I had terrible ghosting on my first Epson 6040 PJ and I first thought it was the discs. Epson sent me a brand new unit and those same discs now play perfect...it was the PJ!

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
I'll try another movie. Polar Express looked fantastic when we watched it at Christmas. I have 2 movies that I have problems with ghosting out of all my 3d discs. Dial M for Murder and now Jurassic Park 3D. The ghosting appears mostly towards the top of the screen on both. Sometimes on JP the ghosting shows up from the middle to upper third of the picture. Dial M for Murder happens mainly at the top. Maybe the angle I'm watching it at? But why would Polar Express look great but JP not? I viewed both those movies at the same angle. Now that I think about it, when I watched Dial M for Murder I stood up and noticed that the ghosting disappeared. Seems like some 3d movies have better viewing angles?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'll try another movie. Polar Express looked fantastic when we watched it at Christmas. I have 2 movies that I have problems with ghosting out of all my 3d discs. Dial M for Murder and now Jurassic Park 3D. The ghosting appears mostly towards the top of the screen on both. Sometimes on JP the ghosting shows up from the middle to upper third of the picture. Dial M for Murder happens mainly at the top. Maybe the angle I'm watching it at? But why would Polar Express look great but JP not? I viewed both those movies at the same angle.
Is the ghosting throughout Jurassic Park? Does it happen within the first 30 minutes of the film? The reason I ask is I want to check it out, but don't want to watch the entire film.

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
It seems to happen through out most of the movie. I think tonight when I get home from work, I'll pop it in and watch it standing up and see if the ghosting disappears. My sofa may not be far enough away from the screen and the angle I'm watching it at is off.

Oh, did anyone buy the Jurassic Park 3D/Jurassic World 3D set with all the Jurassic movies? I bought it from Amazon new and noticed I got 2 Jurassic Park blu rays and no Jurassic Park III. I ordered a new set but didn't know if it was a fluke thing or a common issue.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It seems to happen through out most of the movie. I think tonight when I get home from work, I'll pop it in and watch it standing up and see if the ghosting disappears. My sofa may not be far enough away from the screen and the angle I'm watching it at is off.
I'm going to check it out this weekend and report back my findings.

deepscan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JP
Well, here is my vote.

If indeed the days of home 3D in the US are becoming more and more numbered (as evidenced by this week’s announcement of COCO), then it is time to start collecting all those 3D blu rays, get a good 4K Blu ray player that is 3D ready, and a 3D Wizard device (if you can find it at all as they are scarce and the company that made it apparently went belly up) to get more mileage off of home 3D. Remember too that Disney has regionfree 3D imports available of films you cannot get here in their original form. Or better yet get a region free 4K 3D ready player so you can have a chance to grow your collection with region B 3D discs too.

I already have a 3D Wizard now and am planning to get at the very least a good 4K 3D ready player. Would be nice if I can get a region free player too at the right cost.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Well, here is my vote.

If indeed the days of home 3D in the US are becoming more and more numbered (as evidenced by this week’s announcement of COCO), then it is time to start collecting all those 3D blu rays, get a good 4K Blu ray player that is 3D ready, and a 3D Wizard device (if you can find it at all as they are scarce and the company that made it apparently went belly up) to get more mileage off of home 3D. Remember too that Disney has regionfree 3D imports available of films you cannot get here in their original form. Or better yet get a region free 4K 3D ready player so you can have a chance to grow your collection with region B 3D discs too.

I already have a 3D Wizard now and am planning to get at the very least a good 4K 3D ready player. Would be nice if I can get a region free player too at the right cost.

Samsung 3D/4K K8500 region free

http://www.220-electronics.com/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=220 Electronics Name&utm_term=220 electronics&utm_content=220 Electronics Name

3D Projectionist

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Lenny
Will 3D at Home Make a Comeback?

Um its not gone yet! New 3D releases are coming on BR, 3D projectors are plentiful as are suitable players.

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
Update on my Jurassic Park 3D: Popped the disc in last night and watched it sitting down and then standing up. One scene I'll mention is in the beginning of the film when Ellie is underneath the tent watching the monitor with the raptor fossil, her hat brim has a double image. When I stand up the double image disappears but then I see double images on the bottom of the screen. Looks like it's the viewing angle that's the cause. Most of the 3D movies I have have just a little ghosting at the very top of the screen, but not enough to distract me. I just chalked it up to my sofa not being far enough back ( or my tv stand too high) and my viewing angle being a little too low. Jurassic Park and Dial M for Murder seem to be the worst of them. I could cut the tv stand legs down a few inches but I don't think the wife would be too happy with that.:lol:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Update on my Jurassic Park 3D: Popped the disc in last night and watched it sitting down and then standing up. One scene I'll mention is in the beginning of the film when Ellie is underneath the tent watching the monitor with the raptor fossil, her hat brim has a double image. When I stand up the double image disappears but then I see double images on the bottom of the screen. Looks like it's the viewing angle that's the cause. Most of the 3D movies I have have just a little ghosting at the very top of the screen, but not enough to distract me. I just chalked it up to my sofa not being far enough back ( or my tv stand too high) and my viewing angle being a little too low. Jurassic Park and Dial M for Murder seem to be the worst of them. I could cut the tv stand legs down a few inches but I don't think the wife would be too happy with that.:lol:
I'll check that scene out today.

Alberto_D

BANNED
May I ask some information?
Do you have some numbers or graphic, of the rise and fall ot 3D film releases and 3D film conversions?

Maybe the lack of good view devices, for home and for theaters, is one key reason. The only good system is liguid crystal glasses that blink in syncrony to the right and left image projected. But it's expansive. Anaglyfe glasses and polarized glasses have problems. 3D TV have worse view angle.
Quality of 3D conversions many times wasn't decent., and the best donversions was costly.

And we can't forget that many people have 2D view, despite have 2 working eyes. The guy who created a a image segmentation system, used in 3D conversion and years ealy in modern colorizationm, had mono view.

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
May I ask some information?
Do you have some numbers or graphic, of the rise and fall ot 3D film releases and 3D film conversions?

Maybe the lack of good view devices, for home and for theaters, is one key reason. The only good system is liguid crystal glasses that blink in syncrony to the right and left image projected. But it's expansive. Anaglyfe glasses and polarized glasses have problems. 3D TV have worse view angle.
Quality of 3D conversions many times wasn't decent., and the best donversions was costly.

And we can't forget that many people have 2D view, despite have 2 working eyes. The guy who created a a image segmentation system, used in 3D conversion and years ealy in modern colorizationm, had mono view.

Nothing wrong with passive polarised glasses. Cheaper, lighter, battery free and less prone to crosstalk.
Comparing viewing angles between cinemas and homes is pointless: the viewing angle on my 3D TV is just fine.
If some people can't see 3D for any reason then that's Tango Sierra and they're out of luck.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I checked that scene sitting and standing without any ghosting issues.

Noel Aguirre

Supporter
Real Name
noel
Sorry, but I don't believe you are correct. The actual versions on the discs are the same brightness level. It's the TV or projector settings that are brighter in 3D mode to compensate for the filtering of the glasses. That's why when you have a disc where the 2D is embedded in the 3D and plays back a one-eye view it's not too bright.

Sorry but I wholeheartedly disagree- if I take off my glasses while watching the 3D version at home the image is noticeably brighter the the HD version and I never change the settings.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Sorry but I wholeheartedly disagree- if I take off my glasses while watching the 3D version at home the image is noticeably brighter the the HD version and I never change the settings.
Read post #82. Josh Steinberg and I went back and forth on this until basically coming to agreement. I'm not about to get into it all over again as I've said my peace.:(

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks