What's new

moovtune

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James
I have 293 3D titles. About two months ago I bought an all-region blu-ray player so I could get the titles released overseas as well - hence "The Mummy", "Seventh Son", "Terminator 2", "Ratatouille", "Universal Soldier Day of Reckoning", "Valerian" etc. I'm a die-hard 3D fan and am disgusted at the studios for abandoning it after trying to sell it to us as the next big thing. Instead they are now selling us UHD 4K that's not really 4K most of the time but up-converted 2K. I have a 4K player but I only buy the "real deal" 4K titles. But if they put out a 3D title, I'll get it every time.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
No. 3D in home is dead. I think I got my Mitsubishi 3D equipment out a total of 3 times in the 78 I've owned it.

Unfortunately they will never get rid of it because they can charge more for tickets.

Ok, then. You don't get your wish.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
And vinyl?
You get a chuckie thumb.
chuck-norris-thumbs-up.jpg

I have 293 3D titles. About two months ago I bought an all-region blu-ray player so I could get the titles released overseas as well - hence "The Mummy", "Seventh Son", "Terminator 2", "Ratatouille", "Universal Soldier Day of Reckoning", "Valerian" etc. I'm a die-hard 3D fan and am disgusted at the studios for abandoning it after trying to sell it to us as the next big thing. Instead they are now selling us UHD 4K that's not really 4K most of the time but up-converted 2K. I have a 4K player but I only buy the "real deal" 4K titles. But if they put out a 3D title, I'll get it every time.
That's what I'm going to do. I hope they will drop in price though $400 is a lot.

One to add to the list is The BFG 3D. The region B has ATMOS!! The others don't... :(

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
Remember 1973 was during the oil crisis. They weren't manufacturing enough records to meet the demand back then. Today, LPs are a tiny niche market. People are using streaming to get music now.

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Remember 1973 was during the oil crisis. They weren't manufacturing enough records to meet the demand back then. Today, LPs are a tiny niche market. People are using streaming to get music now.

What's this got to do with the 3-D forum that you are using???????????????????

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the mention of "The BFG". I missed that one on 3D. Now ordered.

Just a quick reminder to those not following BFG releases and without Region Free player

The UK/DE/Fr 3D sets with Atmos are Region B Locked
Teh India 3D is region Free, but has no ATMOS

There is a Netherlands release which is region free with Atmos available from bol.com (very well respected Retailer), but it's only a 1 disc 3D ONLY release so there is no 2D disc in the set.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
An indirect comparison to previously nearly dead formats making a surprisingly decent rebound
"Vinyl LP sales accounted for 8.5 percent of all album sales last year, and 14 percent of all physical albums sold in 2017 -- respective increases of 6.5 percent and 11 percent from 2016." (ABC News)

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
To quote Han Solo, "Well, that's the trick, and it's gonna cost ya." You're just gonna have to hunt the interwebz for such items, and be prepared for a serious case of sticker shock.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
To quote Han Solo, "Well, that's the trick, and it's gonna cost ya." You're just gonna have to hunt the interwebz for such items, and be prepared for a serious case of sticker shock.
Assuming I got the 2016 model LG OLED, would I have 3D? Would I need some kind of upgrade tech or reprogramming? I get the feeling that you know the answer to this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks