What's new

Point Pleasant - New FOX show (Merged) (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I live about 10 minutes from Pt.Pleasant(Yes, it is a real town in NJ). I wonder if they plan on filming there?

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
I had assumed that they were going to base it in Point Pleasant, West Virginia, home of the famous Mothman sightings, seeing as the premise involves the paranormal.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
But remember, it's the evil producer of Buffy, Marti Noxon.

Myself, I'm looking forward to Tim Minear blowing a blood vessell when The Inside winds up scheduled for Friday sometime in March/April. That'll be hilarious.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES TO FOX THURSDAYS WITH THE SERIES PREMIERE OF 'POINT PLEASANT'
Released by FOX

SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES … TO FOX THURSDAYS WITH THE SERIES PREMIERE OF "POINT PLEASANT"

NEW SUPERNATURAL DRAMA TO DEBUT OVER TWO CONSECUTIVE NIGHTS: PART 1 FOLLOWS "AMERICAN IDOL" ON WEDNESDAY, JAN. 19; PART 2 MARKS TIME PERIOD PREMIERE ON THURSDAY, JAN. 20

All hell is about to break loose in a sleepy New Jersey town when a sudden violent storm washes in more than the tide in the new supernatural drama series POINT PLEASANT, premiering in two parts on Wednesday and Thursday, Jan. 19 and 20, on FOX. Part 1 will air on Wednesday, Jan. 19 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), following a special one-hour episode of AMERICAN IDOL. POINT PLEASANT will then air regularly on Thursday nights, starting with Part 2 of the series premiere on Thursday, Jan. 20 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT).

The peaceful existence of a small seaside community will change forever when Christina Nickson (Elisabeth Harnois) is rescued from the ocean by local lifeguard Jesse Parker (Sam Page) and brought to the home of local doctor Ben Kramer (Richard Burgi). The Kramers, including Ben's wife Meg (Susan Walters) and daughter Judy (Aubrey Dollar), take an instant liking to Christina and invite her to stay with them as she searches for clues to her past and attempts to find her mother – a Point Pleasant native whom Christina never knew.

Christina is unaware of the profound effect she has on the town's inhabitants; her presence awakens repressed feelings, unlocks secret desires and heightens emotions. Tensions flare between Jesse, who finds himself inexplicably drawn to Christina, and his best friend Terry (Brent Weber), who secretly lusts after Jesse's possessive girlfriend Paula (Cameron Richardson). Paula's hot-to-trot mother Amber (Dina Meyer) attempts to rekindle her relationship with the good Dr. Kramer. And long-buried secrets kept by Jesse's parents, police captain Logan (Alex Carter) and God-fearing Sarah (Clare Carey), begin to surface, especially when the mysterious and charismatic Thomas Boyd (Grant Show) arrives and insinuates himself into Christina's new life.

As Christina delves deeper into the history of Point Pleasant, seeking answers to her mother's disappearance, she will come to realize that she has never known her "real" father, either – for Christina is the offspring of a mortal woman and the Devil. While Christina struggles to control the demon inside her – and the powers that come with it – the fight for her soul has begun, as the town of POINT PLEASANT becomes the ultimate battleground of good versus evil.

POINT PLEASANT is a 20th Century Fox Television Production. Marti Noxon ("Angel," "Buffy The Vampire Slayer"), Dawn Parouse (TRU CALLING), Marty Adelstein and Neal Moritz serve as executive producers. Ben Edlund, Andrea Newmann and Rick Rosenthal are co-executive producers.

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
Rick Rosenthal directed a few episodes of Buffy while Ben Edlund was a writer and producer on Firefly and the last 2 seasons of Angel. And heres some stuff I picked up from a Buffy board "Co-Executive Producer Rick Rosenthal, was a director on Buffy, and did the commentry to Normal Again on the S6 DVD
Line Producer Kelly Manners, was of course Angels line Producer for all 5 seasons, and prior to that a co-producer on Buffy
Angel Stunt Co-ordinator, and DB's stunt double, Mike Massa is Stunt co-ordinator on the show
Production Designer Stuart Blatt, held the same position on Angel"

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Seeing as how Point Pleasant is one of my favorite towns on the Jersey Shore, I may just give this one a try.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Ben Edlund brings it up a notch from "morbid curiosity". And it's not like there's anything else on Thursdays at 9pm.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I'll give a try since the exec producer is Marti Noxon. Not holding out too much hope for a show that practically bills itself as 'Satan's Spawn moves to the East Coast O.C.'.

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
I'll check out a few episodes just to see how it goes. I hope Marti allows some humor into this show instead of letting it be a 22 hour depression.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I'd go with "in spite of the exec producer being Marti Noxon". Buffy really deteriorated under her watch.

Bryan Toth

Stunt Coordinator
Damn you Point Pleasant, Damn you to hell!!! (sorry, just read that Tru Calling is now "officially" dead because FOX thought Point Pleasant would be a better fit with The OC than Tru Calling ....) I just picked up the Tru Calling DVD set before X-Mas, and got totally hooked ..... at least the 6 season 2 eps they filmed should show up on the air (or hopefully on DVD) sometime ....

Bryan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks