What's new

please help me out in deciding. (1 Viewer)

EmanueleC

Auditioning
HEllo there!
I`m new here, and hopefully I`ll learn a lot of stuff since I don`t know almost anything about TV, Plasma and more.

I have already an issue though: My father is relocating here in US and he wants a new TV since we are from Europe.
I have 2500$ to spend for it.
Mostly my parents are going to watch normal TV (4:3) and some DVDs.
I would like to buy the best thing for the buck obviously , though, if can justify a couple of hundreds dollar more, a plasma would be cool. (My dads wants a plasma though I said to him that burn in, static image, and all that are big issue.)

So...what is your expert advise in what to buy?

DLP?Plasma?CRT?LCD?RPTV?

I`m lost. (by the way I have 1 month to decide)

Thank you.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Ever consider Front Projection? You can get a nice fptv for 1000-1200 dollars. Take a look at the Infocus X1 ($1000 DLP), Panasonic pt-lu200 ($1100 LCD) and the Sanyo Z1 ($1250 LCD). My parents have a plasma and its awesome but its so small (only an American would call a 42" tv small) that I can't justify the price.

EmanueleC

Auditioning
I see.....I didn`t even think about that. What about the room, must it be really dark when watching movies and tv with it?

Thanks! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks