What's new

Pleasantly surprised by Fox on Star Wars replacement. (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
In my Star Wars Trilogy DVD set, everything worked great except for a 5-second jump and pixelization in A New Hope. Looking at the disc, there didn't seem to be any physical flaw that would cause this, i.e. scratches, smudges, etc. Out of curiousity, I popped the disc into my PC's DVD-RW drive and did a read test on it... and sure enough, it detects a read error on the disc.

I scrambled to find my receipt to return it to Best Buy, but it was already in the trash. So, I called Fox out of curiosity... and WOW! I explained the problem, they were very accomodating, took my shipping address, asked whether I had widescreen or full (widescreen, natch), and told me they would send me out a new ANH disc immediately!

It was... effortless. I half-expected to get the runaround when I called, but the whole process took less than 4 minutes and I should be getting a replacement disc soon. Kudos to Fox for looking out for people with disc problems, and thumbs up on the fast support!

Adam Sha

Agent
Nope don't like them.

I prefer classic Star Wars. can't see why lucas wouldn't put the various versions of all the movies on the DVD's. Didn't James Cameron do it with T2 ultimate?

Besides, i doubt i'll be suckered into buying yet again come 2005 when Lucas makes more changes and puts the Star Wars 6 disc boxset out there with yet more revisions in them.

Why can't well enough, be left alone.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Uhh... Adam? Jeremy just said he's pleasantly surprised by Fox's customer support. This area of the forum isn't for actual film discussion. There's a nice big fat thread in Software where you can discuss the films in the context of the DVD release ;)

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Jeremy, thats awesome. I'm happy for you. I would've expected the worst as well. let us know when you recieve it. I'm curious to see how long it takes.

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
FYI: I got my replacement disc for ANH today. As I said originally, I'm pleasantly surprised by Fox's customer service. That being said, I would've been happier if it had been right the first time.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: for Fox taking care of the customer and standing behind there product.

As far as the new Star Wars Trilogy on DVD goes. I will not be purchasing it ether. The Dud Digital track on it is no better and in some cases worse than my THX laserdisc pressings. The picture is very nice but I would rather have the absolute originals on dvd and with a DTS option! It is very doubtful that I would want any future souped up version of the films. Just give me Star Wars 3 and my set with the LD THX disc will be complete.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks