What's new

Playstation 2 !! (1 Viewer)

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Or maybe I should say it does compared to Xbox on my tv, since my tv is so big. PS2 on my 36" looks really good, but on the 65", YUCK!

Every game I've played on Xbox is progressive (480p). Not to mention in multichannel surround. And it makes me so mad because I am such a PS2 fan.

Are any PS2 games progressive?

And does the component connection on PS2 make the picture look any better?

I have the s-video connection right now for PS2, and I'll buy the component connection only if it will produce the same quality picture that the Xbox does or close to it.

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
Are any PS2 games progressive?
Keep an eye on the thread a couple of entries above yours -- the Link Removed is updated on a fairly regular basis.
A subject like "Playstation 2 Sucks!!" is just going to inspire some trite debate that we've all heard thirty or forty times before (and it'll probably be changed by a moderator by the time anyone reads my post, rendering this entire paragraph moot :)).

Marc Carra

Supporting Actor
I'd suggest calibrating your TV to get the most out of an S-video input, and possibly upgrading to Pro-Logic II audio.

On my Panasonic high def Widescreen, my PS2 looks amazing, and just as good as my X-box does. It might have something to do with the quality of your TV's line doubler, I'm not sure.

As for audio, run the PS2 through a good pro-logic 2 reciever or decoder, and you will be blown away by the multi-channel audio you can get on most titles. And you get a center channel, unlike many Xbox titles. The new PS2 Medal of Honor game sounds as good as my DTS DVD of Saving Private Ryan, and the kicker is that your part of the action!

Marc.

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
True, XBox games look better on my 57" but Any well done PS2 game looks very nice as well. FFX and MGS2 are two fine examples.

SSX Tricky (PS2) supports DTS on the fly.

Brian

Andrew Grall

Supporting Actor
While the thread title is likely to inspire little other than an argument, I agree in general that the PS2 didn't look that nice on my ISF-calibrated widescreen HDTV in comparison to X-Box...

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure if a game with High-Def video and DD5.1 can replace a game with amazing gameplay and hours of fun with sub-par visual/audio quality.

So what I'm saying is that while the PS2 doesn't look the best, that doesn't mean its a bad console.

Aaron Copeland

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
Haha...Brian, I love that single smiley post. I knew exactly what it was referring to the second I saw it.

Aaron

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Oscar_R

Second Unit
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks