What's new

Pink Floyd WYWH Question (1 Viewer)

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
I am currently searching for the remastered WYWH CD that was released in 2000. All I can find in stores is a 1992/1994 EMI/Capitol version. Is there a CD out there that has a 2000 copyright or is this the one I am looking for? Any help would be appreciated.

Ike

Screenwriter
A look at the page for it on All Music shows two versions released in 2000, both by EMI with seperate catalog numbers. Looks like there was also a version released by Capitol in 2000.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
A bit off topic, but if you're looking for the best sounding version try to find the CBS Mastersound "gold CD" version of it on eBay...it sounds great!

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Thank you everybody for the suggestions; I will definately look into the gold disc. I remember my friend had that in high school.

Kevin, thanks for the link. Ironically that is where I bought mine from but when it got here it says 1994. I'm not sure if they are clearing out inventory or if this is it. I am leaning towards this is the right one since the engineer is Doug Sax (who did the 2000 version). I just wanted some confirmation.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Jed- You might want to email/contact Amazon then. Maybe they could somehow get you the right version if yours isn't. Or at least take yours back if you want. It *should* say "remastered" on it somewhere.

I just took a quick look, and every version Amazon has on their web site is dated 2000, *except* for the gold CD that some of us have. So it does look like you have the right one. You can check catalog numbers too.

You *did* buy direct from Amazon, right? Not one from the "new and used" link?

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
FWIW, I had the same problem with Amazon back in 2000 or so. They site listed a remaster, but the date on the disc said '94. When I e-mailed, they were pretty clueless, and I threw in the towel.

You might search or post over at Steve Hoffman's forums.....they tend to be a totally obsessive bunch (I mean that in a good way) about releases, versions, remasters, pressing plants, etc.

I bet someone could give you a list of catalog numbers and disc stamping info to determine exactly what you have.

BGL

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
OK, update: I noticed the catalog #'s matched up on the site Ike listed above. Also, I checked Best Buy's website and they list they have the 2000 version in stock at my local store. When I drove there to pick it up it was the 1994 version that amazon sent me.

Edit: OK, I think the 1994 version is actually the 2000 release based on this post. Pretty strange way to label your albums.

A sincere thanks to everybody for your help. I will definitely be looking for the gold disc now.

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
Ditto here for the original Jap. EMI DSOTM and CBS Mastersound WYWH. I have the 20th ann. box of DSOTM but the old import still sounds superior! I have not updated WYWH from the CBS version, and my version of THE WALL is the 1994 EMI/Harvest UK Remaster.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks