What's new

Pink Floyd: DSOTM Classic Albums dvd (1 Viewer)

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Classic Albums is a very good series. Loved the Iron Maiden "Number of the Beast" doc as well as the Fleetwood Mac "Rumors" DVDs.

Automatic Purchase for me!! :)

Now where the hell is Pulse!! :angry:

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Where can I order this from? DVD Empire doesn't even have it listed on their site, but the other titles are...

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
For $18 CAN this is a must buy. These Classic Albums DVDs are great - they even did a good job on the cover (unlike some of the others). I do hope it has some studio footage that wasn't released before.

Speaking of which, where the hell is "at Pompeii?" :angry:

Michael Osadciw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Osadciw
I have Pink Floyd: Live At Pompeii on LaserDisc. I'm looking forward to hopefully a very very clean DVD transfer with the DTS 5.1 encoding. The LD exibits a lot of film grain as well as LD's chroma limitations.

Also, there is a Syd Barrett DVD in Region 2 with DTS/DD...very extensive stuff...I didn't see anything on region one for it so I wanted to call the company who was releasing it, but I can't find the link for it at this time.

Mike

Chris Harrison

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone pick this up today? Best Buy has it advertised in their flyer yet their website doesnt have a release date

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Looking at BB's site it shows a release date of 9/2, but if you have a flyer and it's on there then they might have it today. I was planning on picking it up today from BB. Hopefully they have it!

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I have it in my hands but alas my DVD player is at home. I'll watch it tonight and hopefully will have positive remarks tomorrow.

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
This

DVD

ROCKS

Forget Two Towers, this is the purchase of the day, the week and possibly the month. Floyd essentially reunited to disect the classic album perfectly. I paid $14.99 at BB and if I paid $50 for it I'd still think it's worth it, if not more. I'll be watching this alot. The only thing I wish they did was perhaps talk a bit about Obscured By Clouds, which I feel was basically the lead in to Dark Side of the Moon. But that's a very minor quib coming from a guy that knows practically all their music. Wonderful performances. Fantastic. Bravo.

ChrisA

Second Unit
I currently don't have SACD capability. Right now I can;t afford to upgrade my Meridian 861 to DVD-Audio... oops I forgot, I got ripped off a while back and my Meridian 800 never showed up (long story).

Anyway, I guess it is one more reason I'll be looking forward to Blu Ray players which are about 1.5 years away. It is nice to see the industry feeling pressured by 'pay per view' HD... so there will be no delay in getting Blu Ray to market, in fact, just the opposite...pressure to get Blu Ray and pre-recorded media out there sooner than later.

I'm sure this DVD is great. I hope they mastered it in 1080p and can eventually release this in 1.85:1 or whatever along with 24/96 MLP on Blu Ray... just a thought. I know Pink Floyd didn't record in 24/96 way back when, but I look forward to the day when music DVD's offer more than 5.1 Dolby Digital for music! Music deserves a hell of a lot better than Dolby Digital, hell even movies deserve better. In any case, music videos with 1080p and 24/96 MLP is something that Blu-Ray can offer...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks