What's new

Pink Floyd: DSOTM Classic Albums dvd (1 Viewer)

MatS

Screenwriter

in stores: August 26th
running time: approx 92 minutes

This program takes an in depth look at the making of the 1973 album. All four members of the band Roger Waters, David Gilmour, Nick Mason and Richard Wright are featured in exclusive interviews.

Roger, David and Richard play songs and demonstrate themes from the album. Alan Parsons (the original engineer) takes you through the multi track tapes giving a unique insight into the musical fabric of the record and the program is illustrated throughout with archive footage.

dvd includes 43 minutes of bonus footage with:
An acoustic version of Roger Waters playing Brain Damage
An acoustic verion of Breathe played by David Gilmour with Gilmour demonstrating acoustic and electric guitar parts
Richard Wright playing a partial version of Us & Them at piano
Extended interviews and discussions with all four members of the band: David Gilmour, Nick Mason, Roger Waters, and Richard Wright

Chapter Selections - Main Program
1. Introduction
2. Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun
3. Echoes
4. Breathe
5. On The Run
6. Time
7. The Great Gig In The Sky
8. Money
9. Us And Them
10. Brain Damage
11. Eclipse

DVD ONLY Bonus FOOTAGE
1. Brain Damage
2. Money
3. Us And Them
4. Waters’ World View
5. Breathe
6. Time
7. Waters On Rock ‘n’ Roll
8. Chris Thomas
9. Gilmour’s Guitars - Breathe
10. Gilmour’s Guitars - The Great Gig In The Sky
11. Gilmour’s Guitars - Us And Them
12. Gerry Has The Last Word

John Mansor

Stunt Coordinator
This looks like something that could tide me over until Pompeii is released. Has anyone seen this special before?

GregK

Screenwriter
Hmm.. what's the sound format for this bad boy? If it has a 5.1 track, we might hear all of or parts of Parsons original 4.0 quadraphonic mixes or Gutherie's new 5.1 re-mixes.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
It's wishful thinking I know....

Mark C.

Supporting Actor
Jeff:

I seem to recall the latest word, via the Brain Damage web site, is that Pompeii has been pushed back to sometime in October. It's getting a bit frustrating, since first word was that it would be released in April. Still not sure if there are different release dates for Region 1 and Region 2.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I'm fascinated at how many times people are milked for multiple releases of this album. :)

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
MOO!
Consider me milked!!!
While I won't get near that BERLIN THE WALL thing, this sounds interesting!

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
I have the Steely Dan Classic Albums DVD and I think it's great. They do a good job of disecting the Aja album in 60 minutes so I'm glad this Dark Side show is over 90 minutes.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I'm fascinated at how many times people are milked for multiple releases of this album.
You must be completely unfamiliar with the "Classic Albums" series to make such a comment. This is not "another release" of DSOTM. This is a documentary about the making of the album, including interviews with the musicians and producers involved. Completely different than another release.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
This is not "another release" of DSOTM. This is a documentary about the making of the album, including interviews with the musicians and producers involved.
My point was that it's another milking of people who like the album (let's hear it for the super deluxo future 8 channel version, followed by another "making of" doc). :)

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
Wish they would have included a DD or dts quad or 5.1 mix of the whole album, now that would would be cool as I still won't buy into Sony.

Wes

Jeff D Han

Supporting Actor
Just ordered this and I can't wait to see the
interviews. Now us Floyd fans need Pompeii and
Pulse to get released. :D

ChrisA

Second Unit
I don't want a MAKING of DVD.... I want a damn 24/96 mutichannel DVD-A of all Pink floyd 'albums/CD's'

I want seriously good music, not fluff. I'm sure some people will find documentaies worthwhile, but I only want seriously good music...

DVD-A Pink Floyd... That's what I want.

Now imagine having Blue Ray: Have your cake and eat it to!

Hell you could have 24/96, 24/192 multichannel and HD-video or whatever....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks