What's new

Pink Floyd: DSOTM Classic Albums dvd (1 Viewer)

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Has there been any new news about the Pompeii disc, specifically whether the original, uncut version will be on it? I don't mind extras, but I want the original film intact as it was on LD.

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
I bought and watched this DVD yesterday, and can recommend it highly. It's awesome that they got all four members to participate, and have Alan Parsons to strip down some of the tracks.

My favorite song from DSOTM is Us and Them, and I like it even more now, seeing what went into it, both musically and lyrically. I have a new respect for Roger Waters after seeing this DVD.

This DVD is woth every penny of the $16.99 I paid for it!

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
I watch this DVD about twice a week. Nothing like coming home from work and popping it in. Puts it all in perspective.

Home, home again...:D

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I would agree that this disc is a must have for Floyd fans, and makes a perfect companion to Pompeii (which I hope doesn't mirror the R3 release in video quality). The interviews are great, and perhaps most interesting is the amount of praise the band members give each other, which runs counter to popular myth.

I still have a hard time believing that Claire Tory ad libbed that Great Gig in the Sky performance...

ChrisKe

Stunt Coordinator
I also liked seeing how "On the Run" was constructed.
OK, so I wear glasses and have since I was 15 so I'm not predjudiced in any way but...seeing Dave put his glasses on to fiddle a knob on the VCS3 synthesizer had me chuckling...

Also, the 30 years age difference in their voices (both Rog and Dave) is really noticeable!

Mark C.

Supporting Actor
The reports about Pompeii are not encouraging. If there was extra footage shot and never used in the original, the director's cut offers no new footage because the director couldn't find any. There are new special effects (???!!!) however.
Plus, they blew up the orginal cinema framing to make Pompeii a 16x9 release. Audio is supposedly DD 2.0.

The description is a big letdown. I hope this isn't true.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I have no problem with Pompeii being 2.0, it's the reframing and reediting that bothers me. Glad I still have the LD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks