What's new

Pics of the theater (1 Viewer)

Mark McGill

Stunt Coordinator

Here is a crude shot from behind. We just finished the riser two weeks ago. If this works will post some others. The front wall is made from cherry with a custom stain. BTW my wife and I did everything that you see, except for the couches.

Mark McGill

Stunt Coordinator

Here is a picture of the in-wall rack. It goes through to a sewing room behind with a rear removable panel.

Mark McGill

Stunt Coordinator

Here is another shot of the riser we made. You can see part of the ottoman that we also made. It's great for storing licorice.

Mark McGill

Stunt Coordinator
The riser is 12". Sorry but it looks like the pics aren't linking now. Can anyone tell me why the pictures aren't being linked. They worked a few minutes ago. I got them to work by pasting the properties but I guess that website does not like to outside links.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Mark, your signature contains a list of HT equipment. I suggest you send that list to Parker Clack. He will create an equipment list on the HTF for you and you can place the url for it in your signature. That way, it does not confuse the search engine. For example, if a user is trying to find posts about a Denon AVR3803, all of your posts would come up because of the Denon AVR3803 that is in your signature.

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Yeah, I just copied the link from the properties and pasted it the address bar. The reason the link shows on the page for you Mark is because you IE has already cached the info on your computer, that website does not let other website do direct links, as you stated earlier.

But your theater is really nice. Some awesome equiptment you have there. Those couches are huge.

Owen Bartley

Second Unit
Very nice room Mark, and the cabinets are beautiful. My only thought wuold be that the walls might look even better in a darker colour. But hey, sometimes the real world just isn't accomodating to the ideal HT environment. Great setup though!!

Mark McGill

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the kind comments and the effort to view the pics. I thought about the dark walls and we seriously contemplated doing the ceiling, however we pretty much use the room at night so with the soffit lights dimmed down it doesn't seem to have much of an effect.

I also asked Craig Miller when he came to calibrate the Mits and he suggested not doing anything with the colour. In addition being that it is a daylight basement I was concerned with it being to dark in the daytime. Thanks again though.

Bob Maged

Stunt Coordinator
Very nice room. You and your wife should be commended for turning your backs on the fireplace. I am Sooooo tired of all those "can I put my RPTV two inches away from my fireplace" threads. You may want to consider a decent universal remote control :).

Bob Maged

Stunt Coordinator

Ron:

Right click on the red x, display "properties", then copy and paste into a new browser window address bar.

Mike G

Stunt Coordinator
Mark, great room, I love the couches and ottoman, may I ask who makes them? Thanks. :emoji_thumbsup:

Mark McGill

Stunt Coordinator
The couches are made by Palamino. I got them from Costco.com. I see that they no longer carry them. They were having a sale on them and free shipping so before we bought them we went down to our Costco home store and checked them out. We absolutely could not pass them up for the price. After we got them I pounded in about 200+ brass nails to make it look like a sectional we saw on the American Leather website.

As for the ottoman we made that ourselves. It is not perfect but it really fits the bill.

BTW about the fireplace. That was put in primarily as a supplemental heating unit, which is set up with a electronic thermostat. We use it to take the chill off from a basement when needed, so it was no biggy to not include it in the setting.

Thanks again for all the nice comments. I'll have to get my own website going soon. It would be neat if the sound could be experiance also. The dual SVS's really shake the couches. There really isn't a need for Bass Shakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks