What's new

Pick your top 5 shows that should have... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Pick your top 5 shows that should have been given more of a chance to succeed and were cancelled either in the first season or before then.

-Now & Again
-Miracles
-Special Unit 2 (I know, but watching them again, they were pretty good)
-Flash
-Vengeance Unlimited

I know I said 5, but how could I forget John Doe.

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
BRIMSTONE - My all time fav show. I loved this. I'm still sad about it being gone. I hope for DVDs.

Keen Eddie - I loved this show this summer it was really awesome. I can't wait to pick up the DVDs sometime this year.

Do Over - This show ruled, I loved the concept, the characters, the music, everything. Put this on DVD.

Glory Days - This was a really cool show, I wish i had taped it. Also hope for DVDs.

Profit - Never saw it but it sounds so cool and if it comes on DVD I might even buy it no questions asked.

Not my top five but also shows I liked that are gone are Teen Angel & You Wish.

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
Keen Eddie - Thanks to Bravo for showing the unaired episodes, albeit out of order

Andy Richter Controls the Universe

Titus - think it lasted more than one season, though

Futurama - Definitely lasted more than one season, but never got a fair chance because of football preemptions.

Undeclared.

Hey! 5 Fox shows. And I didn't even plan on it.

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
Yeah I didn't add Titus because it had like 3 seasons which could have done alot more is alot better then most shows that get canceled. So we were lucky to get 3 seasons. I hope they release Titus on DVD.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
Hmmm ... I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned Firefly yet; another Fox entry.

I don't have a Top Five, but, in addition to Firefly, I would have liked to have seen the new "Americanized" Dr. Who series have a chance. Fox aired the two hour pilot in Summer 1999, but opted not to pick it up as a series. In my opinion, it would have made a nice companion series to the then-declining X-Files series, and might have "broken out" as a major hit the next year.

LisaDoris

Stunt Coordinator
Strange Luck - did anybody else watch this show but me?
Firefly (hey FOX has two, what a surprise)
Sports Night
My So-Called Life (now ABC has two)
Crusade

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
American Gothic - I still hope for another series. Gary Cole was fantastic in this as well, and it was very creepy I thought.

Bob Turnbull

Supporting Actor
Let's not forget Police Squad!. Still my all time favourite show (with only 6 episodes). I'll add another vote for Undeclared as well.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
There was another police comedy called "Precinct" which was like Police Squad. Also "The Bay City Blues" about a minor league baseball team in the mid-80's.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Freaks and Geeks
Undeclared
Nowhere Man
The Tick (live action)

Regarding Doctor Who - I would love to have seen Paul McGann get a better chance at the role. Although I have a few qualms about the movie itself, McGann made a wonderful Doctor. Further stories about his Doctor were made in audio and print form, but a continuing TV series would be great.
Looking forward to seeing who the Doctor will be in the new series.

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
In no particular order

1) The Flash
2) The Flash
3) The Flash
4) The Flash
5) The Flash

:D

(Hey Yo! Warner! You listening? How about The Flash on DVD? Hmmmm? It's not like it would cost a lot to produce, it was only one freakin' season! :angry:)

Honorable mention to: Firefly, Action, The Critic (well, two seasons, but on different networks), & the PJs.

Moe.

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
This thread topic pops up every so often :D

But i'll add:

Profit

Harsh Realm

Tenspeed and Brown Shoe

Fastlane

Miracles

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Whiners. Those shows all had a chance to be ignored by the audience. These shows never even made it to air:

Heat Vision And Jack - Jack Black as an astronaut on the run from NASA who becomes super-intelligent when the sun comes out, Owen Wilson as the voice of his roommate-cum-motorcycle, and Ron Silver as Ron Silver, the evil director of NASA's secret projects division "...and a gifted actor". Ben Stiller directed the pilot for Fox, but I still can't see this lasting more than six weeks.

The Dragans Of New York - Hugh Laurie and Liz Vassey as a married pair of detectives in New York. Never saw this pilot, but it could have been a great light mystery for CBS based on the stars.

Lookwell - Adam West in a pilot written by Conan O'Brien about a washed-up actor who had a TV show in the seventies who investigates crimes (badly) with the help of his acting students. "I won't give up... I have a lot of free time on my hands!" Too dry for NBC, I guess.

Mariano Men - The Milo Ventimiglia spin-off from Gilmore Girls that was axed because they couldn't find a show-runner and the Venice Beach location shooting would have been too expensive. Unfortunate, because the back-door pilot looked pretty nice.

Sick In The Head - An early attempt at a sitcom by Judd Apatow, about a psychiatrist just starting out and learning as he goes. Amy Pohlner was a very funny guest/recurring character in the pilot.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Just in the last couple of years:

Keen Eddie

The Brotherhood of Poland New Hampshire

K Street
(a surprise as HBO usually gives something new a bit longer to catch on)

Nip/Tuck (I suppose it is possible that this will return)

Push, Nevada

Possibly my number one early cancellation:

My So-Called Life

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks