What's new

Phones & answering machines (1 Viewer)

David Susilo

Screenwriter
Be aware that Panasonic's so-called 2.4 Ghz units are only 2.4 Ghz calling the handset. From the handset to the base is 900Mhz. At least until the 2.4 Ghz units they sell up until a year ago.

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
Get the Siemens Gigaset!!
Already done! My local Best Buy didn't have it, so I bought it online. It, along with a second handset, should arrive today. I can't wait; I hope it's as good as everyone claims.
Cordless phones are so poorly made, it's almost a scam. Every cordless phone that I've ever had has lasted only a couple of years. I don't abuse them; I take very good care of my things. I've got one phone (an old 49Mhz) sitting here that won't dial correctly. You can press the same button five times and get five different tones. My most recent failure, a nice 900Mhz unit with an answering machine, randomly drops calls. Sometimes it just doesn't ring. Other times it won't let you answer the phone.
Then there are these two AT&T 2.4Ghz units I bought. The first one just went flaky, randomly not working, etc. The second one works fine but the buttons on the answering system are so hard to press it hurts your fingers.
Let's hope the gigaset works as expected. For the price, it damn well better. ;)

Justin Doring

Screenwriter
My family and I have a total of six Panasonic 2.4GHz phones and have nothing but perfect performance, so I'm puzzled as to why others have had problems. Of course these have all been their top of the line 2.4GHz phones built in Japan, so maybe their cheaper Chinese made ones are to blame.

Mike__D

Supporting Actor
I'm on my 3rd Panasonic 2.4 GHz phone, and this one doesn't work either. I think my Best Buy recieved a bad batch... each one the battery dies quickly after it's 2nd recharge... you can make about 2 short phone calls and it dies. Tommorow I'll either get ANOTHER Panasonic or maybe I'll look at those V-Techs...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks