What's new

PETITION!: The one and only 'STREETS OF FIRE' SE petition thread. Please sign! (1 Viewer)

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
We want Universal Home Video to release Walter Hill's popular cult classic 'STREETS OF FIRE' as a Special Edition DVD with anamorphic video, DD5.1 and DTS audio and tons of supplements! 'STREETS OF FIRE' stars many now 'big names' like Diane Lane, Willem Dafoe, Bill Paxton, Rick Moranis, Amy Madigan, and Michael Pare as Tom Cody. Please sign, your help in getting this film the definative DVD treatment is much appreciated. Thank you.
http://www.PetitionOnline.com/sf01/petition.html

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I gladly signed. I know I speak for all fans of 1980's cult flicks when I say that a SE of this movie would be met with resounding peals of giddy joy.
Translated: LOTS of people like these movies, and we want the goodies too!
Or did Big Trouble in Little China prove a tough sell to the DVD crowd? :rolleyes

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Why can't he bump his thread a few times? He's a man on a mission! Sign the petition guys! Next time it could be YOUR favorite cult flick! :)

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
I could understand bumping it once after a couple days, but to bump it after 7 hours seems like saying "my thread is more important, keep it at the top."

Yes, by replying I myself am "bumping" it...but not just to "bump" it.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I think these petitions are an utter waste of time and bandwidth. Most companies aren't even aware of them, and those that are pay zero attention to them. They either know or suspect that it is too easy to "stuff the ballot box" and that people often "trade" signatures. (You sign my Streets of Fire petition, I'll sign your Battlestar Galactica petition - even though I have no interst in BG.)

Does anyone have a snail-mail address for Universal's DVD department, and even better a contact name? Actual letters, which people have to spend time composing, writing out or printing, stuffing in an envelope and which they have to pay to send show a much higher level of commitment than a two second "me too" signature on a virtual petition. They are therefore taken much more seriously by the powers that be in any company. I'd love to get an anamorphic widescreen SE of Streets of Fire, but I'd rather put my support behind an effort that has some chance of having an impact.

Regards,

Joe

Trevor Bateman

Stunt Coordinator
This is a good idea. If it works that's great. If not, no problem. I've heard that Universal are at least considering it. Why not? If they make money they are happy, right?

Trevor Bateman

Stunt Coordinator
Universal are bound to have seen this on the forum. They never miss a chance to make money - and there is money to be made on this title.

Anyone have advice on how best to reach Universal with this petition?

Thanks, please help.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.