What's new

Hey UNIVERSAL - Soderbergh's "KING OF THE HILL" & Walter Hill's "STREETS OF FIRE" SEs (1 Viewer)

norrisMc

Stunt Coordinator
Instead of re-re-releasing DePalma's "SCARFACE", how about some much needed Special Editions of:

Walter Hill's "STREETS OF FIRE" (cult classic starring Diane Lane, Willem Dafoe etc etc)

Steven Soderbrgh's "KING OF THE HILL" (one of his best films!)

People WANT these. Please release them rather than keep re-re-releasing the same old titles!

Thanks.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick

Yeah, and instead of the re-re-releases of DRACULA and FRANKENSTEIN (even though they may improvements) give us something new this Halloween, such as titles we've been begging for for the first time on DVD - TARANTULA; THE UNINVITED; CAT AND THE CANARY (Bob Hope); on and on... P-l-e-e-z!!!

Geese, I get tired of groveling.

EnricoE

Supporting Actor
now the funny part about king of the hill: the film was aired a few months ago on universal hd in oar and the quality was pretty good too. this makes me wonder why there isn't a dvd of this film.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
King of the Hill. I would pre-order that right now if possible. Great film.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I had signed a petition for a "Streets of Fire" Ultimate Edition. I had heard that it was actually scheduled for 2002...I even communicated that fact to the people at the 80sxchange (back when I posted there).

I wish that it would come out. That title definitely needs to be re-released.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

If only for an anamorphic transfer.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
I concur. But remember, this is the studio which hasn't quite figured out that releasing the FLASH GORDON SE that's been available in R2 for the last year or any sort of release of LOST HIGHWAY would be solid money-makers for them. I'd like an anamorphic version of Soderbergh's THE UNDERNEATH while they're at it.

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
While we're at it, can Universal please get around to giving us another release of MST3K: The Movie? I'd take just a bare bones release, with an anamorphic transfer, of course.

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
I'd go for KING OF THE HILL also. There are so many titles Universal is sitting on, but instead we get endless re-issues of SCARFACE, FAST AND THE FURIOUS and a not so special Collector's Edition of 21 GRAMS.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks