What's new

Petition regarding Austin Powers 3 (1 Viewer)

JoeDelan

Stunt Coordinator
Dude, Austin Powers is all about Eye Candy...That is all Brittany will be, Eye Candy...

Mitty

Supporting Actor
:rolleyes
Of course, one CAN always voice their dissent by not going to see the movie.
Sorry, but I have a strong opinion that fanboys should have no say in the decision making process when it comes to making movies.
That someone has made the effort to organize this is further proof that we, as a species, will complain long after we've run out of things to complain about.

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Very well spoken Mitty.

If something like this bothers you that much, then don't bother seeing it. It's not like anyone is forcing to watch the movie.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Is there a petition for this one to be, you know, funny?
:D
(Hey, I loved the first one. Just made the sequel hurt all the more)

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Is there a petition somewhere I can sign so I don't have to watch the godawful trailer for AP3 every time I go to see LOTR? :laugh:

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I hoped it was a petition to stop the movie from being shown. AP2 and the teaser trailer for AP suggest that this is another piece of crap. Big deal if Britney Spears is in it. :rolleyes
/Mike

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Sorry, but I have a strong opinion that fanboys should have no say in the decision making process when it comes to making movies.
I hope you're not implying I'm a fan boy because I put this link up. Frankly I don't think it has anything to do with that. The fact is when someone comes up with this kind of thing its strictly for marketing. They're trying to ride on Brittany's rather long 15 minutes just to get a little more publicity. Its a bad idea but they're not seeing it. That's my opinion. Hopefully if they see the petition they'll realize that its a move that will not appeal to fans of the original film. Maybe they care, maybe they don't. Frankly I too was disappointed with the second. To many of the jokes were over the top and pointless, or just poor rehashes of those in the first, however it had its moments. Putting some no-talent bimbo in the new one is just a sign they've run out of creativity. Maybe some negative attention before the film is finished will make them rethink their plans and they might come up with something good.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Jeez Keith, What has Brittany ever done to you?
"No talent bimbo"? She may not be your cup of tea, or mine, but I acknowledge she does indeed have talent.
I just don't get some of this hatred hurled at performers simply because you don't like them.
Sorry, but I agree that these type of complaints, like the NSYNC one are laughably silly.:rolleyes:laugh:
Anyone else think we should start a petition to stop these kind of petitions?:D

Chris

Senior HTF Member
It could be very funny. Hell, why not use her 10 minutes of fame, doesn't that help a comedy? I mean, hell, Airplane had a girl run through topless just so you could see her breasts.. why would that be different then having Brittany Spears hang around.. it's just picking on her as a prop because she's brittany spears.

Using people as props because of their stardom is the root of tons of movies. See any of the "Canonball Run" flicks and so on and so on. Hell, how do you think Lonnie Anderson made a career?

Hell, I say let Brittany get in there and get laughed at. I'm all up for it.

Then again, I guess we could go back and protest the use of Bo Derek or Brooke Shields who were just picked up for their commercial sex appeal. Damn those producers!

(then again, I didn't see what was wrong with using Nsync for exploding props in SW. Hell, blow them up over and over. I'll sit and watch. Might have made the DVD a guaranteed buy)

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
I'm just gonna go and laugh my ass off. I realize that these films are slapstick and aren't supposed to be all that great.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
On the plus side, Beyonce Knowles is in AP3, and she is both eye-candy and talent (she did some stupid MTV movie for TV, but she can act at least!).

Then again, I just hope that the film doesn't become a bunch of celebrity walk-ons and stupid jokes.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
She will probably being doing the same things as Woody Harrelson and Willie Nelson wouldn't you think?
BTW, it will be me and Terrell alone at the theater for AP3 opening night, arguing about SW vs FOTR till the trailers are over. :D

Mark Palermo

Second Unit
Complaining about N'Sync in Star Wars is a lot different than complaining about Ms. Spears in Austin Powers. The Star Wars films strive for a timelessness (or, at least that's what the fans want), while the Austin Powers films spoof contemporary pop culture. They are strictly "of the moment." This petition is as useless as protestingZsa Zsa Gabor's appearance in the opening credits of Naked Gun 2.5 on the grounds that she's a no-talent hack.

Mark

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
BTW, it will be me and Terrell alone at the theater for AP3 opening night, arguing about SW vs FOTR till the trailers are over.
:laugh: It does seem like you and I are the only ones who laughed at the AP3 trailer. Give me my juvenile jokes, body humor, and my "Yeah Babies" and I'll be a happy man. Oh, and include a hot chick.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
BTW, is it just me or does anyone else thing that the Austin Powers Dr. Evil theme is the best Bond song ever, and it's not even a Bond song.

"Eviillll, evil is his one and only naammmme...."

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
Yep! It is definitely a great theme song. And better than most actual Bond themes. As for the next James Bond film, I'll be there because Halle Berry is in it.
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

DanR

Supporting Actor
Hey Seth and Terrell, I too laughed my ass off at the AP3 trailer. I'm anticipating this more than Star Wars. The second movie, while initially a "let down", has really grown on me and I might even like it just as well as the first one. The Springer show spoof is just awesome.

I agree, give me the juvenile jokes, toilet/body humor, and a big dose of Dr. Evil screwing things up and I'll be laughing my ass off all through the movie.

And yes, I also love the Dr. Evil theme song.

Regards,

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks