What's new

Petition regarding Austin Powers 3 (1 Viewer)

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
Yep ! I'm pumped for it, but not that pumped Dan.:D Hey, I'm not to snobby to laugh at toilet humor. I laughed at the fart joke in TPM, although I would have preferred it not be in there. Anyway, Mike Myers as Austin just cracks me up. He could stand in a room and make me laugh.

John O

Stunt Coordinator
I plan on finding the source of this petition and pointing the "laser" I have on the moon at it.

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
I think this petition rates as low as 'the fans' bitching so much that a small cameo is removed from SW:AOTC. Let them make the film they want to make.

If you have to, skip it at the theatre and then get a friend to edit a VHS copy to remove the offending sections for you.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
The only petition I'll sign is one to bring back Mimi Rogers in that black leather outfit. Mrs. Kensington needs to have a major role in AP 3: Goldmember :D
Ted

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
How about Brittany in black leather. Put her in it, I say. More to look at
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Peace Out~:D

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
I actually heard about this petition on a radio show this morning. They weren't too kind... :D

Trace Downing

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trace Downing
Hello, AT&T here. I traced the routing leads of this petition over the network (not much traffic on it BTW), to the break away Republic of Kerplakistan.

I can disconnect it for...ONE MILLION DOLLARS!

David Oliver

Second Unit
I am thinking of starting a petition because they plan on using yellow fonts for the credits as oppsoed to white for the upcoming X-Men:2. Am I alone in thinking this is totally insane?

Trace Downing

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trace Downing
N*SYNC in EP II...Twitney in AP III...Yellow titles in X-M II. :eek:
You think you all have problems. My maid just quit today!

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
I gotta say, the notion that Britney Speares would somehow pollute the artistic integrity of an Austin Powers sequel is, well, sorta funny!

And, boy, is that trailer murder. After suffering through it before LotR last weekend, the audience actually booed!

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I thought N'synch in EII was a joke. Now I find out that there was a successful petition to get them removed? I don't know which to be more upset about - George putting them in, or George backing down in the face of a petition. Removing N'synch getting killed in a 2 second scene is hardly worth wasting a petition on when we can be better served petitioning for E IV-VI on DVD in original and SE. Just my 2 cents.

And yes, Britney is over exposed in more ways than one. But if Mike Myers wants her in the movie, I'm sure he'll make it a worthwhile part.

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
I would tend to agree with you. I think the N'Sync thing was overblown. If they had never told us, we would have never even known they were in there. And it's ironic that nobody complains about two of Lucas' kids have split second cameos.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
You're certainly right about that, I haven't a clue what N'SYNC look like. Unfortunately my concern is that EP II is going to be just as bad as EP I, but now we are really getting off topic.

And, boy, is that trailer murder. After suffering through it before LotR last weekend, the audience actually booed!
I also saw it before LOTR and my audience actually applauded. Personally I love everything about Austin Powers, the only thing I found unfunny was Fat Bastard -- I am yet to find any humor in toilet jokes.

Ted

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
If it come from Mike Myers, I can stand toilet humour. And I'll laugh. Something about Mike Myers makes me hurl into laughter, especially in this role.

Jason Boucher

Stunt Coordinator
I think Miss Spears may turn out to be a decent actress. Her entire stage persona is an act, and she was pretty good on SNL.

Marvin Richardson

Supporting Actor
Wow. Some people really need to get a life. You started a petition about this? If you don't like it, don't go to the movie? Why on earth should the director/producer/studio be required to do what YOU want?

Kami

Screenwriter
It doesn't really bother me...hell, it's Austin Powers!! Come on now! Personally I think the franchise is overdone and the trailer for mini-austin just looked dumb. Maybe I'll rent it sometime, but that's the most attention I'd ever give it anyway.

BTW I own part 1 and 2 and think they're funny as hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks