What's new

Peter Jackson's Frighteners (1 Viewer)

Julie K

Screenwriter
The regular disc does look beautiful. However, the extended cut is just so funny. There's a great scene of M.J. Fox in the shower talking to Cyrus. I also enjoyed the extended cameo of Jackson :)

He flips Fox off and says "asshole".

Well, I laughed. I also loved his cameo in LOTR:FOTR :laugh: (Speaking of FOTR, damn, Jackson needs to do Lovecraft next...)

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
I remember there was a petition awhile back to get the old SE Laserdisc released to DVD, but I guess nothing came of it.

Maybe someone still has the link and could arouse more interest in the petition.

J

Julie K

Screenwriter
The petition had almost reached 1000 signatures (and this was despite a relative lack of advertising). The owner of the petition decided to wait until the 1000th signature to send it to Universal, but then the server went down. I'm sure Universal is aware of the interest though.

The rumor of a SE DVD has been floating around for quite some time.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
I'd love a SE of the Frighteners on DVD. I thought that it was an awesome movie. I hope that this and PJ's other films get the SE treatment now that LotR is such a success.

Chris Rein

Stunt Coordinator
I love this movie! The current DVD sounds/looks great, but I'd love to have the extras!

Also, back in my movie theater days, I was lucky enough to bring home the lenticular (3D) poster of the Frighteners. I still have my little button too!

I hope we hear something soon.

Chris

DeanWalsh

Second Unit
I would love to see a re-release of this as an Ultimate Edition! How 'bout it Universal.

I would like to see:

Disc 1:

Director's cut of the film

Anamorphic Transfer

DTS Track (A MUST for this film!)

Peter Jackson Commentary

Disc 2:

All the extras ported from the LD box, including ALL of the documentary.

Two dvd-9s should be enough to accomplish this. Do I smell the need for a petition? Or does one exist already?!

Julie K

Screenwriter
The extended cut is only available on the Signature Edition laserdisc.
I found mine on ebay. They are rather pricy.
I wish it would be ported to DVD. I'm not nearly as big of fan of those giant shiny discs as I am of the little shiny ones...
(ducks and runs for cover ;) )

Lance Rumbolt

Stunt Coordinator
Shame that I haven't got my laser disc player anymore.

Yes I think you best run for cover, stating a preference for DVD over good ole laser disc!

YANG

Screenwriter
pardon me for pulling out this archived thread.
i just couldn't help when i was browsing Germany's Turbine Media(the boutique studio behind the German release of Twister BluRay remastered in ATMOS and Auro3D track) FaceBook, their latest post of sending birthday greetings to Peter Jackson:
螢幕擷取畫面 (97).png

I wonder what kind of relation does Jackson have with the Studio?
Is there one another Universal Catalogued title relates to Jackson that Turbine had managed to get their hands on for remastering? After their success with Twister, PitchBlack, DragonHeart, and DAYLIGHT?
This made me thought of FRIGHTENERS instead of KINGKONG as the latter in FHD or UHD disc format is still in print.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks