What's new

Persons Unknown - NBC Summer Miniseries from the screenwriter of The Usual Suspects (1 Viewer)

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I didn't think it was horrible.

I mean, it was summer TV, so I don't expect too much from it, and thought it did a decent enough job. And the ratings were horrible, so I can completely understand why NBC bailed by the end.

What I do blame NBC for is the advertising campaign. They said from the beginning that by the end, "all will be revealed." At the end, absolutely nothing was revealed.

I mean, we learn nothing by the end that we didn't know by episode 3 or 4. Setting it up as if we'd know all the answers by the end was just dumb on their part.

But I liked the show in general. I won't be sad that it's over, but it was decent enough to keep me interested the whole time.

Charles_Y

Premium
Supporter
Real Name
Charles W. Yearsley Jr.

I agree...   Absolutely horrible way to manipulate and lie to the public! I invested all those hours to learn virtually nothing. Every week we got that proclamation that "All would be revealed" but that certainly didn't happen!   I thought this "might" prove to be very interesting but BOY was I wrong. The last shot has them exiting an elevator from a hotel to a ship at sea? What is this the afterlife or are they plugged into a "matrix-like" network?   Maybe, you folks didn't mind this treatment but if the creators were in my room now I'd be whupping ass right about now. They should be ashamed! Hell, if it was being picked up for the coming season or next summer that MIGHT have gotten them off the hook but I doubt it in my book.   Give me a break!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Charles_Y

Maybe, you folks didn't mind this treatment but if the creators were in my room now I'd be whupping ass right about now. They should be ashamed! Hell, if it was being picked up for the coming season or next summer that MIGHT have gotten them off the hook but I doubt it in my book.

Why is it the creators' fault that NBC marketed the series deceptively? This show was already in the can for months when NBC picked it up for summer programming. Everyone involved had long since moved on to other things.

The creators promised that all of the questions raised by the pilot would be answered by the finale. I honestly think they achieved that. It's NBC that went with the "all will be revealed" ad campaign that promised things the show never intended to deliver.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I wasn't a fan of the show, but "What is this the afterlife or are they plugged into a "matrix-like" network?" Really? I thought the show explained that fairly well. And this is coming from someone who usually isn't able to watch every second of a show with complete attention. It wasn't the afterlife and it wasn't something virtual like The Matrix. The Company simply recovered all the people and continued their testing by putting them in a different environment (level 2, if you will). Joe, however, stayed behind with a new batch of level 1's.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

The last shot has them exiting an elevator from a hotel to a ship at sea?

No, the last shot has them exiting an elevator from an interior space on a ship at sea to an open deck. It looked like the familiar hotel interior - but that was as much to fool the "subjects" as the audience. I thought that was pretty obvious, like the rest of what Mikah mentions in the previous post.

Regards,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks