What's new

Perry Mason HBO Miniseries! Spoiler Alert Advisory (1 Viewer)

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben

"....HBO’s head of drama Francesca Orsi a couple of weeks ago spoke to Deadline about the ongoing “viewership relative to budget” review of several sophomore series, including Perry Mason.

“Each show has a job to do, given the price tag that we give to it, and there’s a viewership. component, and there’s a critical response element to it and of course, the buzz nature of a show. It’s those elements that we are always keeping in mind and discussing relative to whether or not a show will continue,” she said.

It's clear this was a expensive show, and it's really up there on the screen. It's quite cinematic, and the performances are all excellent from my pov. I really liked the slow-burn nature of the drama.

But I wonder if Perry Mason might have connected with a larger audience as a series of self-contained movies of 90-120 minutes in length, rather than the miniseries format they chose to do. Anyway, water under the bridge.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks