What's new

Perfect strangers seasons 1 and 2 combined !!!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Yeeeeeeeeeeees !! It was announced on tv shows on dvd.com earlier today !Coming in Febuary !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I bugged them for years in the chats here, and they have finally listened to me! *I* made this happen! ;)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I added it to my list of "gets" yesterday. As long as the full uncut episodes are included, I'm game.
Never thought I'd see the day, to tell you the truth.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Jason_V said:
I added it to my list of "gets" yesterday. As long as the full uncut episodes are included, I'm game.
Never thought I'd see the day, to tell you the truth.
They've been playing this on ION television, which might have been an indication. I believe they started playing Mama's shortly before that was released. Not sure about that. At any rate, I started a series recording, but deleted it quickly. Something told me I'd be better off watching them fresh on DVD, and we got this announcement a week or two later.
Now, if they're just fully intact.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Im assuming since amazon shows a running time of 700 minutes for the dvd set, that itll be uncut.If you divide that by 28 episodes , it comes to 25 minutes per show, seems uncut.I wish a dvd review would finally show up online somewhere for confirmation.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Thanks Pavan, that was a good review, great to hear they are uncut !Do they include the diffrent opening credits, that were in a few episodes ???

Pavan_P

Second Unit
Yes, the original first episode opening credits is intact and the extended theme for seasons one and two is in it for the other episodes.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Well,

did Warner Brothers abandon this, and kill plans for future season sets? Is it another 80's sitcom casualty?

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Does "Perfect Strangers" begin with the letter "F"

Seriously though, if I had to guess, I would say that the chances are good that WB is not planning any more releases of this. I don't know the sales figures for this, but I really could not imagine that this sold any better than other abandoned sitcoms such as "Night Court" and "Murphy Brown". I guess there would be a chance of finding out though when the Warner chat comes up in a couple of weeks.

Jakerman1988

Agent
Real Name
Kyle
I'm glad they're complete. I don't buy TV box sets unless the episodes are uncut. I would NEVER buy any box sets from Paramount since they release edited versions of sitcoms and alter the music on them. They're awful at DVDs anymore anyway. The "Tales From The Darkside" box sets are what made me give up on Paramount altogether. I think an uncut season 3 episode of Perfect Strangers was on a sampler DVD I found in the Season 1 "Night Court" box set.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i decided to watch perfect strangers last night it just happen to be S2 the christmas episode where cousin larry and belky were snowed in Chicago. It it too bad they have not released the remaining seasons, especially since more seasons of Family Matters came out. I always prefer Perfect Strangers over Family Matters!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks