What's new

PB2 Ultra in the house! (1 Viewer)

Arthur Vino

Stunt Coordinator
Drew - lol..
Frank, rumor around 2k, maybe Ron can give us a better answer, or we wait a few weeks and find out for sure.. I'd certainly like to here a ballpark figure now, before my pb2-plus ships, and this could effect my decision to stay with current order or upgrade to Ultra...
Both subs will probably make me a very happy person..
I read one SVS review on ecoustics.. SVS stands for Super Value Subs they saying..
:b :emoji_thumbsup:

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Indeed the $2K ballpark is probably about right. That's what we're shooting for anyway.

FYI, the SVS News page has been updated. There you can see actual scans of our PB2-Ultra and PB1-Plus cabinet samples. They'll have matching base-plates with the now familiar downfiring configuration seen on all our subs but the B4-Plus:

http://www.svsubwoofers.com/news.htm

Ron

Tim Schwartz

Agent
Hey Ron,

You might want to correct the SVS News wording here:

"If anyone tells you a sub can be "musical" and powerful at the same time. First, find new friends, and then send them to us."

I think you meant:

"If anyone tells you a sub can**NOT** be "musical" and powerful at the same time. First, find new friends, and then send them to us."

I hope my PB2+ ships this week(I ordered on 5/18). Did you guys come up with a decision on what you might do for some of us who have been waiting a while? Free shipping and a T-shirt sounds good to me.

Tim

Arthur Vino

Stunt Coordinator
I am down with free shipping and/or T-shirt.. Or a sticker for the wall (brand recognition).. I have to wait 2 weeks for mine, I believe... Ordered about a week ago..
U gotta understand SVS though, tons of positive reviews, thousands of new customers (I am one of them) and only so many a day they can make....

Steve Morgan

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
I think if you look at my post it say PB2 In Da House. I tried not to put the + behind it, but I could have made the mistake of doing so. You are correct I never had the Plus just the Ultra.
Ron, Can you expound on the amp for the production PB2 Ultra.

Mike Sloan

Second Unit
Won't the PB2 "ULTRA" be underpowered with the 900W amp? Or another way to say this ...could not the Ultra (TV-12) drivers easily handle 600W each with no strain? Does Indigo make a 1200W amp?

MikeAF

Stunt Coordinator
I would second, or third the T-shirt idea. Especially for those of us who are already SVS owners and are buying again. I saw a guy with an SVS T-shirt on at my local HT dealer and wondered why I've never gotten one. Fo they sell T-shirst on their website? I guess I'll have to check it out. And for those of you with cylinder subs looking to move to box subs as I am there are people waiting and willing to buy your cylinder subs. Now that I've sold mine the wait begins for my PB2+, that long, excruciating wait of an HT addict waiting for his new stuff;) I just ordered mine last week and now I'll have to decide whether to move to the Ultra and wait longer, or just be happy with the plus? Oh well, let the wait begin.

Mike

Rudi B

Stunt Coordinator
For those of us that are waiting for PB2+ monsters:

Free shipping? Naaah, that wouldn't be fair to SVS.

A free T-shirt? Well, I'd need one now that would have a B4+ on it, not some cylinders. ;) Same for the coffee mug. ;)

But wall plaques? I'm for it! :) Or some interconnects...

But, IMHO, that would be pushing it. If SVS guys are waiting for some parts and that delays the shipping of your (our!) subs for a week or two, we shouldn't rave for some free stuff...

Okay, on the other hand, this waiting thing is crazy... :)

Arthur Vino

Stunt Coordinator
Now imagine getting free shirts from their case supplier (or whoever else is holding up the line).. lol
shipping is $50 for 125 lb item - cheap enough and probably cost them at LEAST that much.. so we pay and not complaining.
Wall plague - probably costs them $20-$25 bucks from a custom shop, so they pay for it and we should..
T-shirts, costs them $5-$10 bucks and gives them good recognition when we walk around HT stores, or anywhere else on the planter or better yet invite friends over, put on SVS t-shirt and BLAST the subs.. :) :)
So t-shirts would be reasonable gift... and a good commerical for SVS (IMO)..

Mark Guidry

Stunt Coordinator
Hmmm very interesting :D Before I was kicking around the idea of selling my dual 39+/S1000 for the PB2 but after talking to one of the guys at SVS I decided that I would be able to have a little more output with the dual 39+. But now an ultra PB2....now that might do the trick.

So what do you guys think....the PB2 ultra will out do the dual 39+ :D

I also wonder if the 900w would be a little under what the ultra can Handel....are yall thinking of maybe more power for the ultras or are you stuck on the 900w bash amp??? Don't the 39 ultra cylinders get paired up with the K1 amp or the s1000...isn't that like 1k watts??

Tim Schwartz

Agent
Rudi & Arthur,

When you guys have been waiting for over 8 weeks with no initial indication it would be anywhere near that long, let me know what you think. Till then please reserve your comments. I understand things happen, and it will be fine regardless.

Rudi B

Stunt Coordinator
Tim,

In case that you have missed the sarcasm in my post... There are absolutely no obligations from SVS that we should get any free stuff, and the subwoofers will be shipped when they will be ready. I guess that we just like to mess with Ron, no? ;)

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Photo samples of the PB2-Ultra and PB1-Plus should be built this week. I'm guessing 3-4 weeks before it's shipped, shot and formatted. Final tuning and packaging will take priority of course. We're going to make sure we have a "basic load" of them ready to send out before we "sell" them too much. Rest assured we'll have pics up as soon as they are available however.

Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks