What's new

PB10-ISD or PCi20-39 (1 Viewer)

Hi!

I'm from Austria and i want to buy a Subwoofer in December...

My current Parts: Denon AVR-2805 , 2 x Canton ERGO RC-L , 3x Canton Ergo CM500 and Pioneer DV-565S

Now my room has only 19 yard²

My Front Speakers get down to real 30Hz,but i want a Sub that can go below 20Hz with very high output.

Which Sub goes deeper? PB10-ISD or PCi20-39

And what are the advantages and Disadvantages of these two?

David:D

Rudi B

Stunt Coordinator
I ain't sure how PB10-ISD is tuned, but it seems to be very flat to 20Hz, check the FR on SVS's site.

PCi 20-39 will inherently have better output capabilites, it's got a larger woofer and bigger internal volume.

BTW, get one, and you'll most probably be the nearest SVS owner around me... :)

JohnSmith

Supporting Actor
The PCi cylinder will have cheaper shipping, and be able to play lower & louder.

As for which is better for music- can't say.

SVS wrote me an e-mail and they said the PB10 can go a little deeper!!!

Max SPL from PCi:118dB ; from PB10 : 115dB

So i think the PB10 is the better.

MfG,Jekyll

If i don't want to have a war with my neighbours then i think i have to buy the PB10 ;)

Is the Bass spreading very extrem into other rooms if i buy a Downfire sub?

David

JohnSmith

Supporting Actor

The PCi is tuned @20hz, what is the PB10 ISD tuned to?
From those two dB readings the PCi can play 3dB louder - twice as loud- but at what frequency? Rated with the same THD?

I would think the PCi is better..more connectivity options (high level) bigger driver, bigger enclosure, lower tune.

3dB is physically twice as loud but to really think it's the double you need 10dB more...

When you look at the Frequenc Diagramm you will see that the PCi has it's max SPL @ 40Hz,the PB 10has a nearly straight frequenc Diagramm!!! Tuning Point is !!! 18Hz !!!

SVS said the PB 10 could play 109-115dB in my room and the PCi could play 112 to 118dB

A Downfireing Woofer has to give more Output for the same SPL as Front-Firing Sub!!!

Dave

Does anyone of you kno tha mximum response of PCi Membrane and PB10??? I think the PB 10 has a little bit more...

In the German Forum the people are Discussing much faster!!!

What's up with you guys???

David

JohnSmith

Supporting Actor
Actual in-room response will be totally different to aneoic or one tested in a field, so I wouldn't pay too much attention that one is flatter.

And I wouldn't pay attention to down firing or front firing either.

Have SVS stated the PB10 is tuned at 18hz? If you're interested in the lowest possible tune, consider the 16hz tuned cylinders.

16Hz ? Now that's not necessary...

I basically want a good Subwoofer for low budget which can go down to 20Hz and can do high loudness

And it should be able to do a good "TEAMWORK" with my Speakers...

The problem of a Down-Firing Sub would be that I live in a row-house.

Dave

JohnSmith

Supporting Actor

That's up to you- the integration of mains/subs would need correct settings on the AV amp/av pre-amp and subwoofer. Note the PB10-ISD does not feature a crossover- so this is not a suitable subwoofer for a Hi-Fi system - UNLESS you buy a external high pass filter. If you need a subwoofer with it's own crossover you'll want to consider the PCi, PC Plus, PC Ultra or the PB12-ISD or better.

Bass will travel in all directions, the difference in front firing or down firing is irrevelant. A mates front firing Rel Q100E transmits bass to other parts of the house justs as much compared to my two down firing subs (Rel Storm & SVS PC Plus)

I don't need the built in crossover,because i'll only have the sub at my Denon and there i have lots of Crossoverfrequencys...

So this is no problem...

I see we have two different sights reffering to Suwoofer-Systems.

But if we wouldn't everyone would have the same Sub ;)

At our Time it's 11:45pm so I'll go to bed now.

Ciao towards the next answer ;) :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks