What's new

Passive Subwoofer with regular speaker wiresto go (1 Viewer)

Munish Garg

Auditioning
Real Name
Munish Garg
Bought a house that has this setup
4 speakers in ceiling
2 speakers in front wall
1 center speaker on wall
2 8” passive subwoofers on wall
(Dayton Audio CS8SW-88 8" In-Wall Dual Voice Coil Subwoofer)
All connection wires are coming to a different room ( all 7 speakers are banana plugs but subwoofer wires are regular 14 gauge wires)

I bought Denon avr S940H and can power on all 7 speakers but need help with subwoofers

I understand I need to buy external amp to power them.

Question:
Which amp that will power both of these subs (75w)
How to connect subwoofer wires to receiver(denon) and external amp. Which wire would need to go where and what/how to regular speaker wires coming from subwoofers

Last edited:

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
A passive subwoofer isn't much different from a regular speaker. The receiver just doesn't have an amplifier to power it. So, all you really need is something like THIS. You connect the two subwoofer outputs on the back of the receiver to the L&R Line Ins on the amp. Set the volume on the back to the middle (you'll mostly control the volume of the subs with the receiver), Output Sel to 8 Ohm, and Power to Auto. Connect the speaker wires from the wall to the L/R +/- connections on the amp. One side of each pair of wires for the subs will be marked in some way. A ridge or stripe. That one is the + connection. That amp I linked is the 100 watt version, but they have 200 and 450 watt versions for more $.

Sorry if you're not in the US, since that's a US seller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks