What's new

PartsExpress Banana Plugs (1 Viewer)

I am looking to connect JBL Northridge speakers to my Yamaha receiver with 16ga. wire. I have seen these options at PE, what are your opinions? Will any or all of these work for me? What are the differences between them?

Banana Plugs

Thanks!
Craig

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
Craig,

090-460 -- Cheapest; non "gold-plated"
091-1260 --Too chunky and pricey for 16gauge
091-330 -- Most versatile.
(a)The wire can go in the side hole (right angle) if this wud make a difference say at the receiver end, so the wire flows DOWN sted of straight out.
(b) The wire can go straight into the bottom barrel, then strands are splayed down over the threads and the pieces screwed tight.

I checked RadioShack's website, and Partsexpress prices are much lower. While RS has DUAL plugs with the connector bar, one never knows until trying if the spacing will fit the particular speaker and receiver posts.

I prob have one of each style...

bill

Kevin McCurdy

Stunt Coordinator
It's really your preference. I have the 091-1260's and they work fine for me. They both have the same connection options and the price for the 091-1260 includes 2 pairs while the price for the 091-330 is for a single pair so really it's a $.05 difference if you need 2 pairs.

Scott Kriefall

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
If the wire is inserted through the side-entry rather than the rear-entry, how is it held in place such that it doesn't fall out? I've only used the Radio Shack plugs, which don't have the side-entry option...

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
the PE side entry has a loose metal plug inside the cylinder. As the bottom piece is tightened on the threads, it pushes the plug into the bare wire.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks