What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Partridge Family Season 3?? (1 Viewer)

LoriB

Grip
Any news if this will be released?? I think there were only 4 seasons--so I am keeping my fingers crossed that the rest will be released!!!!

Mick Tees

Second Unit
Yes, I too, am waiting for Season 3. I really enjoyed watching the first two seasons. You watch them and then you want to watch more of them.

Come on Sony... let's keep em coming!

Bill>Moore

Second Unit
I'm still waiting as well. S1 was out last May and S2 came out around Nov. or so. So it seemed like it would maybe be out in May. Not then and it doesn't seem like it will make Nov. of this year either. So it will be over a year between releases. Hope it's not going to just end at this point. There are still too many Partridge adventures to be had. More concert scenes, more Reuben and Dann insanity, more Keith silliness, more Laurie!

Where is it, Sony? Where!?!

Mick Tees

Second Unit
Is it a matter of lagging sales of S2? Perhaps there's an apprehension by Sony to put out another season.

Look at Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley, & Mork & Mindy. No S2 for these sets.
No word on Fantasy Island S2 yet either or Emergency! S3, or S2 for Adam 12.

The series of yesteryear. It's a strange thing the way these companies pick and choose to continue to release more sets.

Mick Tees

Second Unit
Yes, that would be cool to see a release someday soon too. There are so many GEMS from the 70's that I want to see come out. I really hope that Sony continues to release the Partridge Family on DVD.

Also on my wishlist are "The Life & Times of Grizzly Adams" & "Courtship of Eddie's Father".

Mark Lx

Second Unit
I don't have season 2 yet (haven't finished 1), but do they have any PF 2200 AD on it. If not, why not??????? There's 16 episodes and they'll never be released on their own. I thought season 1 was a really great deal for a lot of episodes and decent extras.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member

It seems to be pretty common these dasy that the first season will be well put together and have decent extras, then the rest of the series is bare bones. This is probably because, despite the effort put into S1, sales aren't high enough to justify the expense of bringing in cast for commentaries, or doing transfers/getting clearances for bonus material.

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter

What was it about the early 70s that made TV producers think that adding a cute little person to their show would increase the ratings, when in fact just the opposite would happen? Ricky Seagall on Partridge, Cousin Oliver on Brady, Scrappy Doo on Scooby, Batmite on Batman...there's a long list of "cute" little people introduced on shows that would soon be cancelled as a result of them...I always felt that once a show's formula has been tampered with, it's downhill from there. More signs of shows that have reached the end, marrying the main leads, flashback episodes, and episodes that put the leads in situations that take place in a time and place outside their realm, like moving the scenery from their modern domain to the old west for example.

michael_ks

Screenwriter
Out of curiousity, I checked http://www.jumptheshark.com to see if Oliver and Ricky were the principal reasons fans felt that BB and PF were declining in quality. Sure enough, they each take the top spot, Cousin Oliver with a whopping 185 votes.

Should Sony release S4 of PF, I'll have to keep my remote handy. The sight of Seagall singing "Say Hey Willie" is quite painfull. I always wished back then that I could have walked on the set and shaved his head. I believe S4 also has Kincaid's awkward nephew and the sexually ambiguous twins smitten with Laurie ("we'll BOTH get it..."), so there's that to contend with as well, I'm afraid.

Bill>Moore

Second Unit
Yeah, ole Ricky was pretty darn annoying. Even as a little kid watching the show, he irked me to no end.

I'd love to see the last two seasons come out anyway. At this point, I'm happy to at least have the first two seasons. I was worried it might be one and done. Until we hear about s3, I fear it may be two and done.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BMan56
Recent bookmarks