What's new

Parasound owners, please welcome me to the fold! (1 Viewer)

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
Just made my first serious separates purchase. I bought a used Parasound HCA-2003. It’s running my mains (L&R) and center. I want to thank the Parasound HTF owners for the tip. Now I understand what all the separates buzz is about. The sound is dynamic and forceful without being harsh! It gives a low end to my JBL S-310II’s that wasn’t there before. It makes listening to my reference SACD/DVD-A’s a religious experience! I also have some concert DVD’s that sound equally as good.

Question! I don’t have the unit racked or in a cabinet. I have six inches above and to the sides as recommended in the manual. But, is it normal for it to run very warm to the touch even at moderate levels (75-85db)?

Jigesh Patel

Stunt Coordinator

Depending upon your usage, amp can run from warm to hot. While six inches should be enough; better if air circulation is possible from the back of the shelf too.

Congratulations on your purchase! It will allow your amp to better power other speakers without strain...

mikePay

Grip
Cool! Nice to hear about other peoples experience with separate amps. I am also lloking into buying one. I'm leaning towards Parasound or Bryston.

Randy C Sr

Stunt Coordinator
Congrad's! I have a Parrasound HCA-806 that I have had for several years. I use it for my surrounds and center channel. I thought that 80 WPC would not be enough for my listening habits. Man, was I ever wrong. Parasound seems to be modest when rating their products. That means you have a little more headroom (power) to avoid clipping.

You have a newer model and you'll love it.

DanaA

Screenwriter
Yes, great purchase and happy you're enjoying your new Parasound. Welcome to the club.

Sam A

Stunt Coordinator
ill be joining you soon john pine! just dont know which to get : parasound, b&k , rotel, or whatnot.

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
Many congrats on your purchase. I've had my 855A for a little over two years now and have absolutely zero regrets about buying it. In fact, I very rarely have even thought about upgrading to a more powerful amp...

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
Thanks guys! It's unbelievable how stout this amp is. I understand now that this amp runs warm, even with no signal.

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
John,
I don't own one, but my friend owns a 2205at. I had it in my system for like a month and found that it did run warm. My friend also has found that it runs very warm. He contacted Parasound about it and they said they designed it to run that way, so it is fine.
They leave it on all the time during the winter months and it has knocked $39.78 off of their monthly heating bill. Plus they take it camping and they cook and boil water with it. Made the best steak I've ever had that trip.

jinW

Grip
great step move...

I was also planning to upgrate to partial separates, that means amps for the fronts. But my receiver (onkyo 501) does not have pre-outs, that's the reason why I'm not complete with 501. Although that is a great little receiver for entry level...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks