What's new

Paramount: Friday the 13th Parts 5 and 6 DVD (1 Viewer)

Brad_W

Screenwriter
I know I have this on another thread, but with more and more people agreeing, I felt the need to post this here as well. Friday the 13th Parts 5 and 6 were released on DVD on 09/25/01, yet, most places, internet and otherwise, are reported these particular two titles either on-order (and not because they have sold out so quickly) or not released.
I, like many others, would love to know why this is.
------------------
"I was born to murder the world." -Nix (Lord of Illusions)
My Home Page http://www.geocities.com/masternix/DVD.html

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Will K

Screenwriter
I had much trouble finding these, too. I finally nailed them at Media Play. Somebody somewhere is dropping the ball on getting certain titles out to stores. In Charlotte, North Carolina's largest city, Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, Wal-Mart, Borders, to name a few, all failed to carry these. I could not find Tales From The Darkside: The Movie, either.
frown.gif

------------------
My Scary DVD Collection

Lafe F

Second Unit
Is it the retailer's responsibility to order titles in? Or have they ordered the titles and they simply haven't arrived?

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Most retailers this day in time have no control over what they are getting. They come from a central headquarters and are distributed that way. Stores can order more copies of a film on demand, but in most cases, have no idea what is coming in on street dates other than “big” titles. In fact, several of the stores that I phoned looking for these titles, the salesperson didn’t even know that there was a part 5 or 6 much less an upcoming tenth. Whatever happened to people in stores not having to know product that they are selling?
Though, if you take in to accounts another issue in the search for the latest in Friday The 13th DVD’s, Paramount does need to take some blame. In the last issue of Fangoria, there were many ads spotlighting different studios and their Halloween releases. The only mention of the Friday titles was a three to four line blurb in the ‘upcoming videos’ section. I believe that better interest in the release would have been taken in the public is Paramount had really ‘announced’ that they were released.
More and more I almost feel a sense that Paramount is doing anything in their power to not promote in anyway the Friday films. But we will leave this all to another post on that topic.

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
I ordered my Friday the 13th DVD's online. I can understand what you are saying though.
Friday 5 and 6 were doing good on Amazon sales rank of 638.
But they ship within 1-2 weeks and they are New titles and people are having trouble finding them, No wonder they are not great sellers.
Regards,
Ricky

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks