What's new

Paramount - DVD requests (1 Viewer)

Terry Hickey

Second Unit
Real Name
Terry Hickey
I would like to see "Robinson Crusoe on Mars" get released whenever that may be. Please keep it in mind when considering future releases. Thanks.

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
Mr. Blythe, please release Bebe's Kids on
DVD, I've just about worn out my VHS since I got it a decade ago.

Bebe's Kids needs a DVD release.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
According to today's update on Peter Bracke's "DVD File" website, Paramount has just announced the impending Region 1 DVD releases of MURPHY'S WAR and THE DESPERATE HOURS, on June 10th. Now that's what I call service! Thanks, Martin! :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Martin Blythe

Second Unit
That was excellent timing, wasn't it. The only other title requested that's coming is Hud but there are quite a few others being discussed. And hey, we might even get to musicals again one of these days.

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
Mr. Blythe,

Thanks for being on the forum and taking time from your day to respond to us, the average consumers.

I know there has been some (unconfirmed) scuttlebutt about the release of the Indiana Jones movies. I would like to request that when these are released, that we be given the option to have cover/insert art of the first movie (Lost Ark) to display the original title as opposed to "Indiana Jones and the Raiders...etc". Perhaps as a separate mail in.

Having a printing facility do a second run of cover art/inserts should not be cost prohibitive, and if you HAD to, Paramount could even charge for it. I know I as well as many others on the forum would gladly pay a couple bucks for artwork with the original title Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I'm really happy to see "THE DESPERATE HOURS" getting a release. Thanks Paramount! Bogart's filmography is under-represented on DVD.

James L White

Supporting Actor
I'd love to see the Harrison Ford movie Regarding Henry on DVD.Also Summer School is a comedy I'm sure would sell quite well and I know someone's gonna laugh at me for requesting this but also Big Top Pee Wee

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
"We might even get to Musicals again, one of these days"

Thanks Martin, but please try and hurry them up if you can.
With Chicago on a $$$ roll, now might be the time for a re-think.

Out of sheer frustration I asked a friend to bring over his official Paramount NTSC VHS Tape of "Li'l Abner for me to have a look at the other day.
I never watched it past the opening credits as the quality of the image was absmal at best.
A complete and utter disgrace. unwatchable in my opinion.
And yes I did view it on an NTSC player and NTSC TV.

A DVD is desperately needed. ( along with Sixpence)

Bruce Morrison

Supporting Actor
My top Paramount wants:

Ace In The Hole (aka The Big Carnival)
One-Eyed Jacks
Heartburn
Ragtime

Martin, can you tell us about the status of any of these titles?

Jodee

Screenwriter
I'm still anxiously awaiting the release of threee Peter Bogdanovich films: Paper Moon, Targets, nad Daisy Miller. These were supposedly being worked on with commentaries & documentaries and originally supposed to come out in April of this year. Any news on when they'll be released? I hope they are still coming!

Thanks for Grease 2, the Brady Bunch movies and the promise of Pretty Baby.

Now I'd also like to see the afoementioned Student Bodies, Steven Soderbergh's Kafka, and perennial favorite Young Sherlock Holmes.

Also how about River Phoenix's last completed film The Thing Called Love, also directed by Bogdanovich and starring Sandra Bullock and Samantha Mathis.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Hey, I'll second Young Sherlock Holmes. I never realized how many movies I like are not on DVD. Strange isn't it, so many older movies are not on DVD, yet any movie, even if it's real crappy, that comes out in theaters these days, winds up also coming out on DVD.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
nice to see someone else hear mention
Let's Scare Jessica To Death -a cult classic that could use a little more exposure for sure.

also, Billy Wilders Ace in the Hole/ Big Carnival , without a doubt, is a must buy if it ever sees release.

those two along with Love With The Proper Stranger, are my most wanted Paramount titles.
extras/no extras- doesn't matter.
just a fine transfer from good elements is all i need to be a happy camper.

and i'd second the Gordon Scott Tarzans.
i don't know if there are rights problems associated with these, but seeing them on AMC a few years back for the first time, i was really surprised how entertaining they were. i thought Tarzan began and ended with Weismueller.
i was seriously wrong.

anyways, good news on the ones mentioned that are coming.
Black Sunday is a film i very much want to see (it will be a blind buy), i'm glad there seem to be no PC hesitations in releasing it.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Strange isn't it, so many older movies are not on DVD, yet any movie, even if it's real crappy, that comes out in theaters these days, winds up also coming out on DVD
I make this very point a lot. But in response I get reminded that the target audience of the Studios is interested in "any movie, even if it's real crappy, that comes out in theaters these days", & not an old catalog titles. And I'm sure in response to this post I'll be reminded of this once again. :frowning:

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
Jeff I'm very much on your side.

But unfortunately what others have said is sadly true.

Whenever I look at the list of upcoming Image titles (They seem to have the worst) I shudder and wonder who on earth would buy or watch some of this utter garbage, while classics are being mostly ignored.

Sadly it's the world we live in today and the mighty Dollar seems to come before anything else.

I guess all we can do is get on these forums and plead our case.

At least there are recent signs that some of the Studios seem to be increasing their Classic Title output.
Let's hope that it continues and increases.

Even Martin appears to be mellowing.

:)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I'd be very curious to know what it is about the issue that you don't get...
I understand the issue quite well. But that doesn't mean I have to like it or embrace it. I'll continue to lobby for things to be done the way I believe is correct & I'll surely continue to be in a minority of 2 (Doug Bull :D). I have to keeping reminding the Studios that there is an untapped audience for old obscure catalog titles.

Martin Blythe

Second Unit
I think we should give the old "Is this coming out soon?" a rest, but the Bogdanovich titles are fairly close and Regarding Henry is on the way this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks